Author Topic: sleeping bag zips  (Read 628 times)

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
sleeping bag zips
« on: 11:33:45, 25/06/20 »
I am browsing sleeping bags, and was thinking that, as I tend to sleep on my right side, I probably wanted one with a right hand zip, but they seem quite hard to come by.  Is that because everyone sleeps on their right side/wants a right zip and they sell out, or because no one does so they don't make so many.  Or is my reason for wanting a right hand zip wrong?

GoneWest

Re: sleeping bag zips
« Reply #1 on: 11:45:25, 25/06/20 »
I am browsing sleeping bags, and was thinking that, as I tend to sleep on my right side, I probably wanted one with a right hand zip, but they seem quite hard to come by.  Is that because everyone sleeps on their right side/wants a right zip and they sell out, or because no one does so they don't make so many.  Or is my reason for wanting a right hand zip wrong?
The main reason, I think, is so that you can join two together.
As a side-sleeper, I hate mummy-type sleeping bags but I haven't yet found a good, affordable alternative. I also hate zips, unless they are big chunky ones, because they nearly all pick up fabric and get stuck, or simply break.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: sleeping bag zips
« Reply #2 on: 12:06:05, 25/06/20 »
I once had that problem, I'm a side sleeper and didn't like it at all. I too can't stand mummy bags. Two of the reasons why I decided to buy a sleeping quilt.

I'm also more into bivi camping these days. I have a Hunka bivi and my wife's friend has fitted a 4' waterproof zip down one side for me, it now works in MY favour and its now so much more usable. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy