Author Topic: Usually an Important Part of a walk for me  (Read 1046 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Usually an Important Part of a walk for me
« on: 19:45:53, 04/07/18 »
Cafes and tearooms I've visited; elsewhere, other than the Peak District:

http://peakwalking.blogspot.com/2018/07/cafes-and-tearooms-ive-visited.html
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Usually an Important Part of a walk for me
« Reply #1 on: 21:39:17, 04/07/18 »
Thanks for this Lee, I may stop in on one or two of these places.
I
Too little, too late, too bad......

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:07:57, 05/07/18 »
Coffee and cake, one of the pleasures of life, especially when hiking. For me, the best one of all was in Gargrave. I came from South to North onto the main road, bus shelter on my right, crossed the road and carried on up the narrow road for about 50-100yds. There it was, the cafe on the left. I had two cups of black coffee (very good) and two large helpings of plum crumble, (even better) just made by the owner. A dollop of ice cream with each one, perfect!

I wonder if its still there?

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:28:32, 05/07/18 »
Think I recall seeing it during my PW in 2017.
Where there's a will ...

Hazy81

« Reply #4 on: 13:27:17, 10/07/18 »
visited Peak View Cafe near Shining Tor a few weeks back, lovely for a breakfast after camping out on the Tor

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:31:54, 10/07/18 »
I highly recommend the Tyddyn Mawr tea rooms at Llyn Cwmystradllyn reservoir. In a stunning location out in the wilds between Moel Hebog and Moel Ddu, it’s situated at the  farmhouse nearest the dam and is signed outside.  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

MichaelUK

« Reply #6 on: 20:03:10, 10/07/18 »
Was out on a long walk Saturday. Around 8pm we came upon a small cottage, the path at the bottom of their garden. Sited was 2 pinic tables and a couple of benches. A sign displaying hot and cold drinks, and please use the honesty box! Investigated further to find an open shed next to the path. Inside were 2 fridges with bottled water and cans of coke. A kettle and a supply of tea, coffee and milk, and of course the honesty box. I thought this was such a fantastic idea, took a can of coke and left a £1 in the box.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:49:44, 11/07/18 »
Llys lewellyn tearooms, Aberffraw on Anglesey.

A Coffee Cake or Apple Pie & cream that even the Gods on Mount Olympus would pause and salivate and dribble over.

All their nosh is freshly made, and cooked, with the Coastal Path less than a hundred yds distant.

The food is so good, that i regularly drive over a hundred miles there and back, from Dyffryn just to partake in their food, and a walk around the coastal path as far as the racetrack.
« Last Edit: 20:54:23, 11/07/18 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy