Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292642 times)

DK

Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #195 on: 14:16:29, 21/02/17 »

And an airing is what they got :) And these were without doubt the least uncomfortable thing that I have ever had on my feet. A great bit of intuitive buying on my behalf  ;D

Carry a pair of waterproof socks in your kit, as comforatable as they are they are not the best at the waterproof part of their description  ::)
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #196 on: 08:36:18, 22/02/17 »
i just purchased myself easy access to the Langdale Pikes etc - a weekend break in Great Langdale at the NDG in May!

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #197 on: 09:59:05, 22/02/17 »
New boots bought, plumped for some old favourites, a pair of Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX and also thought I'd try a  pair of Mammut Mercury Advanced High II GTX.  It's been an expensive month :(

I thought My Salomon Quests have always been comfortable straight out of the box and now I've found something equally as comfortable in the Mammuts.  Have worn them around the house for a couple of hours and was quite impressed, 4 hours into my working day and they are still as comfortable as when I put them on first thing this morning.  They'll do a fair bit of up and down stairs today and also about 6 miles or so of walking, so will just have to see how comforatble they are at the end of the day, but on first impressions  they are feeling good.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

SplanK

« Reply #198 on: 13:40:24, 22/02/17 »
Well, I didnt expect to be making a purchase today!  Alt-berg Malham boots and new socks..

Now all I need to do is them and the credit card bill from the wife  :D ;D

DK

« Reply #199 on: 18:52:53, 22/02/17 »
Today's purchase was a new Ruffwear harness for ma dawg, complete with grab handle for lifting up rocks and over stiles  ;D
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #200 on: 12:58:29, 23/02/17 »
For many years I have had a power bank for charging up my phone when using Viewranger, but over the past year it has been losing its charge quickly so I have just replaced it with an Anker 10000.  I'm very pleased with it.  Many thanks to gunwharfman for the recommendation whilst we were on the Yorkshire Dales meet last year.  O0

SplanK

« Reply #201 on: 13:21:11, 23/02/17 »
For many years I have had a power bank for charging up my phone when using Viewranger, but over the past year it has been losing its charge quickly so I have just replaced it with an Anker 10000.  I'm very pleased with it.  Many thanks to gunwharfman for the recommendation whilst we were on the Yorkshire Dales meet last year.  O0

Snap!  I recently got one of these, rather compact for the power it stores.  The advise given with the power bank is use them 'with reasonable frequency' to keep them in good health.

Murphy

« Reply #202 on: 14:54:31, 23/02/17 »
Not very exciting - Bits and pieces - four season gas, new striker and some windproof matches.

toadoftoadhall

« Reply #203 on: 21:32:32, 23/02/17 »
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 smart watch. Heart rate monitor, pedometer watch. More accurate than my sammsung phone, and very cheap.  

toadoftoadhall

« Reply #204 on: 11:08:09, 24/02/17 »
update on yesterdays post
bought Montane 25l rucksack, bargain day bag.
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/montane-cobra-25-m-l-p371448

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #205 on: 19:09:12, 28/02/17 »
Not really walking kit per se but after a very unfortunate incident with a lot of moisture and a nearly brand new iPhone 6s last year, I've been using a combination of an Otterbox cover and a Ortlieb dry bag to carry my phone in when out on the hills, an arrangement which is highly inconvenient when wanting to take photos etc.  So I've just splashed out on a Lifeproof  Fre case for the phone for when out walking, hopefully it will give me the access I want to my phone and the freedom to use it without being fearful of ending up with another waterlogged useless phone.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: 22:13:23, 28/02/17 »
I've just bought some more map tiles credit thingies for ViewRanger  O0

SplanK

« Reply #207 on: 13:40:23, 02/03/17 »
Karrimor Mount Low 7... lets see how these hold up against >40 miles a week pavement pounding!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #208 on: 13:53:34, 02/03/17 »
New pair of Berghaus Deluge trousers, fed up switching my only pair from my SAR kit to walking kit and vice versa.  Now got a pair for each  :)
Where there's a will ...

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #209 on: 13:17:44, 04/03/17 »
trekkertent stealth 1, not used it yet but will be soon
you have 1 life live it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy