Author Topic: C2C walk 2018  (Read 1459 times)

bobdole

C2C walk 2018
« on: 11:50:16, 03/11/17 »
Hello Members,

I am just starting to plan my C2C walk in 2018.

I was hoping to find out some information about campsites along the way.

I am stopping at:

Ennerdale Bridge:
Rosthwaite:
Patterdale:
Shap:
Kirby:
Reeth:
Richmond:
Ingleby cross:
Clay Bank Top:
Glaisdale:
Robin Hood Bay:

Any recommendations from experience please.

Really looking forward to this walk.

Thanks
Charles
Follow me on my hikes and watch old hikes I have completed.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrPMQRA4-rZiec21396zeVQ

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: C2C walk 2018
« Reply #1 on: 12:17:37, 03/11/17 »
I haven't camped along the C2C but you can camp at Low [censored] How Farm in Ennerdale Bridge or Ennerdale YHA a bit further on, Borrowdale YHA, Patterdale YHA, New Ing Lodge Shap at the start of your walk all have camping with use of their facilities.

In Kirkby Stephen I stayed in the Hostel there but before that is Bents Farm which has camping.

For Reeth, I stayed a little further on at Grinton Lodge YHA which also does camping, but the hill up to the YHA will kill you, lol.

No idea about Richmond as I missed it out and continued to Danby Wiske (before Ingelby Cross) and the White Swan which does camping.

No idea about Clay Bank Top but before that at Carlton Bank is Lord Stones cafe which also has 15 camping pitches.

Glaisdale, stayed in a Pub there

In Robin Hoods Bay there is Middlebrook Farm campsite.

Hope some of this info helps but there are many other campsites that others will know about.

LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

bobdole

« Reply #2 on: 15:11:38, 01/01/18 »
Thanks for the advice bricam2096.

I have got the walk all ready. Can't wait to get started. Also I will walking to raise money for Diabetes UK. Check the link if you would like to donate.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charles-back

You can follow me on Youtube for videos of the walk.

Thanks again
Charles
Follow me on my hikes and watch old hikes I have completed.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:38:26, 01/01/18 »
I camped in the grounds of the Ennerdale pub the last time and before that just across the road by a shallow brook. At Rostraite I camed at the Youth Hostel the first time and in the campsite just on the main road the second time. Stayed in the YHA adjacent field once, didn't like it, overwhelmed by midges. I camped in the garden of a B&B in Shap, can't remember its name. In Kirby the Camping and Caravan site was closed when I walked by thgis year so wandered on through the town for about amile in the direction of the train station, very nice site there. I then stayed in the adjacent field next to a lonely old pub, can't remember its name, on a straight road all by itself? Really enjoyed the pub, a man from the USA told everyone about how to grow tomatoes, not to be missed! The rest I wild camped except when I ended at Robin Hoods Bay. So annoyed because the charge was so high, £10, Bah!!!!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:39:49, 01/01/18 »
Sorry it should read 'Stayed in the YHA Patterdale ajacent field.......midges!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:25:10, 01/01/18 »
. I camped in the garden of a B&B in Shap, can't remember its name.

It was New Ing Lodge at Shap you stayed at in 2014 when I met you doing the C2C and some of the Pennine Way. You lost your glasses in Patterdale YHA but luckily I found them  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:20:47, 01/01/18 »
Hi, I remember. Was I drunk? Hope you and family are well. I enjoyed that evening a lot, also a good lawn.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy