Author Topic: Can older trips still be added as a TR?  (Read 4906 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Can older trips still be added as a TR?
« Reply #15 on: 14:25:21, 11/05/19 »
Actually, it could be argued - the older the better.
Most of my earliest photos were 35mm transparencies. Could do with having them all scanned (or the ones sensible enough to go public).
  I think that the picture of the young Ninthace was printed from a transparency many moons ago and yes BWW, that is the Jungfrau in the background.  I was bolder and hairier then - now hair grows everywhere but on my head.  By the way, that anorak was proofed with a product called Nev, I wonder if it is still around?  No waterproof zips in those days either - it had to go on and off over your head.
Solvitur Ambulando

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:35:48, 11/05/19 »
  I think that the picture of the young Ninthace was printed from a transparency many moons ago and yes BWW, that is the Jungfrau in the background. 

The mountain in the background made me think of the Finsteraarhorn, but not been 100% sure I opted for 'Switzerland' instead. Close though !  
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:58:09, 12/05/19 »
  I think that the picture of the young Ninthace was printed from a transparency many moons ago and yes BWW, that is the Jungfrau in the background.  I was bolder and hairier then - now hair grows everywhere but on my head.  By the way, that anorak was proofed with a product called Nev, I wonder if it is still around?  No waterproof zips in those days either - it had to go on and off over your head.
Mine was made of a material called ventile, supposed to be state of the art then. It was blue so I was spared the ubiquitous orange. However it did replace  Black's anorak, thick cotton a think that soak up moisture and could weigh a ton when fully loaded. Came in a standard green I seem to remember.
Somewhere in my attic are some 35mm transparencies, debatable if they could be scanned as I put then on protective covers, because I got persuaded to do slide shows for some scout groups. A chance meeting some decades later, I learnt that I had put one lad on a pathway to notability in the great outdoors scene.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 17:12:34, 17/06/19 »

Somewhere in my attic are some 35mm transparencies, debatable if they could be scanned as I put then on protective covers, because I got persuaded to do slide shows for some scout groups. A chance meeting some decades later, I learnt that I had put one lad on a pathway to notability in the great outdoors scene.

Robin Hood ?  (  ;D   ;D  )
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:16:44, 18/06/19 »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy