Author Topic: Yorkshire Dales Hiking With Two Dogs  (Read 1735 times)

benny.p

Yorkshire Dales Hiking With Two Dogs
« on: 17:58:27, 15/09/20 »
Hello!
Sorry if a similar topic has been posted already but any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm planning on doing a 3 day trip to the Yorkshire Dales and have never been before. I'll be doing it solo with two dogs. My ideal plan is to drive to a campsite spend the night, leave the car there, go on foot (4-6 hour walk ideally) to a different campsite for the night, then the next day return to the original site.

So far I'm looking at starting at Philpin Farm, going to Stable Fell & then back. But not having been before thought I'd see if anyone has done a similar thing or has any better suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Yorkshire Dales Hiking With Two Dogs
« Reply #1 on: 09:33:21, 16/09/20 »
Can't really help you with your query, but welcome to the forum anyway.  :)

ukcampsite.co.uk will help with campsites, though.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Eyelet

Re: Yorkshire Dales Hiking With Two Dogs
« Reply #2 on: 12:35:30, 17/10/20 »
Assuming you mean Ingleton to Marsett (25km as the crow flies), Usha Gap in Muker (Swaledale) and Low Greenside Farm in Ravenstonedale are both very pleasant campsites with pubs within easy walking distance. This pair would give you some equally challenging and less frequented options between them further north.  Various campsites in Ribblesdale and Wharfedale/Littondale could give similar pairings. A base in Horton-in-Ribblesdale could give you return options using the train if needed. These suggestions are not necessarily better - just a few alternatives!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy