Author Topic: Galway in June  (Read 1486 times)

will161

Galway in June
« on: 05:25:29, 02/04/12 »

We will be visiting Ireland for our first time this coming June, 2012. Unfortunately, we only have 3 days. We arrive in Dublin the night of June 19th, then we thought we would drive over to Galway and also visit Dingle. Other suggestions? We love nature and the outdoor activities, along with good beer and music. :)

Suggestions on good places to stay?
thank you!

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Re: Galway in June
« Reply #1 on: 07:03:17, 02/04/12 »
Dublin to Galway, then to Dingle and presumably back to Dublin again, all within 3 days? That's a lot of driving and leaves you with little time to actually visit places I would have thought. A better option perhaps would be to base yourself in Galway for the stay (Dublin to Galway will take about 4-5 hours driving and there's a couple of tolls enroute). To the west of Galway there's the Connemara National Park to explore along with some spectacular coastline, you could easily spend a couple of days in that area. Then to the south of Galway there's the Burren, a karst limestone landscape with caves you can visit.

Dingle's quite a distance from Galway and the roads once on the peninsular aren't that great. As spectacular a place as it is I think you're better off leaving it for another trip when you can also include the Killarney National Park and the south-west coast.

I'm staying in Connemara in July for a week, can't wait! O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy