Author Topic: Trail trainers  (Read 1413 times)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Trail trainers
« on: 16:18:28, 13/05/08 »
Hi i am considering using trail trainers instead of walking boots for a 5 day Cleveland way attempt in July.

Do you think its a good idea.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Re: Trail trainers
« Reply #1 on: 16:24:48, 13/05/08 »
 Its is a good idea,especially on this trail as it is quite dry provided you don't get the same weather as we had last July.I have backpacked the route in trail shoes and didn't have any problems.

ogy

« Reply #2 on: 21:20:55, 14/05/08 »
I was considering this too for when I do it but like Tonyk says if it's a dry week, perfect, however I did a short section of it the other week, from ravenscar to robin hoods bay and it was PROPER boggy, I even got the red gaiters out ;D

Hows the other preps for the walk going, I'll have to share some ideas with you some time on where to camp, food etc. I'm still on point for doing it in September

Ogy
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. - Sir Ranulph Fiennes

pete

« Reply #3 on: 21:55:25, 14/05/08 »
There should be no problem wearing trail shoes on the Cleveland Way,but a pair of Gortex or similar socks might be worth carrying although as it is a multi day walk you will be carrying spare socks anyway so you could soon change if you go over the tops in a bog.The difference lightweight footwear,shoes or very light boots,make on even a day walk is quite remarkable and I was converted years ago after doing the Dales Way in a pair of fell running shoes.Go for it and enjoy the walk
It must be tea time by now

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy