Author Topic: (TR) New Year Walk  (Read 1000 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
(TR) New Year Walk
« on: 09:40:00, 03/01/14 »

Just love this image

The first walk of the year is traditionally popular and with 24 pepes turning up today was no exception so I decided to do one of my favourite walks in the NYM.
The walk starts at Goathland Church and first stop is Mallyan Spout as usual with big groups there were problems, the phone rang and another car load decided to join us late so we had to wait 40 mins at Beck Hole while they caught up.
This walk has a bit of everything so we followed a monks trod through woodland then over an open moor into Egton Bridge where crossed a river on stepping stones and had lunch.
We then went into Grosmont and had a look at the Railway workshops before following the rails back to Beck Hole.
The final section of the walk go’s over to Darnholm because of the earlier 40 min delay, darkness caught here, but to compensate we had a real treat as a steam train went past and you could see the coals in the fire glowing red, stunning stuff.

We proceeded to the now deserted Goathland station and back to the car then had a beer in the Mallyan Spout Hotel.

Stepping Stones at Egton Bridge

In the tunnels

OMG think I 'm turning into a train spotter

carolina2k9

• Veteran Member
Re: (TR) New Year Walk
« Reply #1 on: 10:27:48, 03/01/14 »
Great way to start the new year  :)
Happiness is only a Hill away :-)

Luke Skywalker

• Veteran Member
Re: (TR) New Year Walk