Author Topic: £1 for all day parking in Ambleside  (Read 1271 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
£1 for all day parking in Ambleside
« on: 08:11:56, 23/02/19 »
I know a few of you might be thinking about heading to the Lakes at some time. I’m not sure if it’s a winter offer but the public car park on Lake Road in Ambleside (beside the indoor climbing place) currently allows you to park all day for £1 if you arrive before 9am.

I read it on the council website last night but wanted to check for myself....and that’s where I’m parked.

Not bad for a quid
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Pitboot

Re: £1 for all day parking in Ambleside
« Reply #1 on: 10:18:08, 23/02/19 »
It's really meant to help people who work in Ambleside and have to rely on a car to get there.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:19:08, 23/02/19 »
It's really meant to help people who work in Ambleside and have to rely on a car to get there.

It was almost full when I arrived and it was obvious that the cars had been there all night. I see no mention anywhere about it being for workers and if this was the case, why not charge the £1 for the larger car park instead?

I would assume it's to encourage people to visit during the quieter winter days.

Edited to add..... I found the article about the tarrifs and found some other towns also have the cheap prices, worth knowing if you're planning a trip.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/lakes/16427077.new-parking-tariff-offers-at-a-number-of-south-lakeland-car-parks/
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:00:55, 24/02/19 »
Word hasn’t spread to Glenridding yet, it cost me £8 to park all day........then 30p for a pee!!!  >:(
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy