Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276342 times)

altirando

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #135 on: 15:05:54, 01/12/16 »
I remember Bretton Clough from when I lived in your area, but I always kept it quiet so as not to attract the hordes from Sheffield.  Now look what you have done...................

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #136 on: 22:09:19, 01/12/16 »
Thanks all for the nice comments  :)

BWW, I have to admit that the shot of the bridge at Stoke Ford is 'tweaked'.  The photo editing software in Windows 10 now has various filters which you can apply to photos.  I 'enhanced' the photo first and then used the 'Sunscreen' filter.  The original tweaked image on my computer is actually nicer than the one on here....but since posting it via Facebook, some of the image quality has been lost.  It happens with all photos I post here via Facebook, unfortunately. ::)

DevonDave, I had a new camera around 8 months ago - a little treat from my mum - and I'm generally happy with the results.  To be honest, I keep it set on the 'automatic' mode and just snap away.  Most shots are fine.... but there are times when I really should alter the settings to get the best out of it.

altirando, you said as much the last time I posted about walking in Bretton Clough! ;)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

BlueSwan

« Reply #137 on: 16:48:41, 04/12/16 »
My walking group, Central London Outdoor Group does shortish walks (5 to 8 miles) in the countryside near London most Tuesdays ("Lazy Tuesday walks") if any of you are interested in walking with a group.

Next Tuesday it is the Surrey Six Commons walk.  On the following Tuesdays in December. we have:  Upper Warlingham to New Addington, Totteridge to Mill Hill East to Totteridge.

Non members can come on up to 3 walks to try out the group.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #138 on: 18:06:27, 04/12/16 »
Tomorrow possibly the Fairfield Horseshoe as I'm staying the night in Ambleside  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

MikeW

« Reply #139 on: 18:35:40, 04/12/16 »
A circuit taking in Cadir Idris tomorrow morning.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #140 on: 18:37:04, 05/12/16 »
Going to Derbyshire tomorrow for three days, walking in the Cromford Matlock area, staying at the Willersley Castle Hotel. B & B with evening meal, ensuite, £39 per person per night. Offer on for another week or two. 
Ilona

MikeW

« Reply #141 on: 23:11:38, 05/12/16 »
As above  :)

Edit: will do some reading on how to post pictures then try again...
« Last Edit: 23:17:43, 05/12/16 by MikeW »

Mumf

« Reply #142 on: 00:13:12, 06/12/16 »
I'm out every day with the dogs somewhere along the south bank of the river Mersey around Frodsham or Runcorn . At the moment the new road bridge is progressing well ....the main towers are virtually finished but there is still the main carriageways to construct and suspend from underneath . A good viewing point and rather pleasant walk for those remotely interested is from Wigg Island Nature reserve in Runcorn . You can link it in with a walk all along the banks of the Mersey to Warrington from this location ... O0
A dog will love you for what you are ...and not for the clothes you wear .

MikeW

« Reply #143 on: 10:09:25, 06/12/16 »
Trying again with the picture...

Edit: Yay, got it.
Summit of Cadir Idris yesterday.
« Last Edit: 10:13:38, 06/12/16 by MikeW »

MikeW

« Reply #144 on: 10:11:59, 06/12/16 »
Hey Mumf, Hi from nearby. I live in Frodsham.  :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #145 on: 18:27:21, 22/12/16 »
I did a walk from my door today, taking in Hollingbury hillfort high up on the South Downs on the northern edge of Brighton, with panoramic views of the downland, the city and the sea     :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #146 on: 22:21:09, 22/12/16 »
I had a short but nice walk UNDER the Humber Bridge today  :o

No automatic alt text available.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: 22:46:10, 22/12/16 »
Interesting angle of the Bridge. O0

Walked down to the marina again today at lunch.  All the super y aughts are gone.  Presumably to warmer climbs.

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #148 on: 23:00:11, 22/12/16 »
Obviously your memory is better than mine ................and you still lure people up one of the last quiet places in the Peak.......send them all up on to Kinder instead, lovely muddy groughs to get lost in ......far too many people out on the hills nowadays  .Need a little thinning out .......

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #149 on: 23:41:51, 22/12/16 »
Obviously your memory is better than mine ................and you still lure people up one of the last quiet places in the Peak.......send them all up on to Kinder instead, lovely muddy groughs to get lost in ......far too many people out on the hills nowadays  .Need a little thinning out .......

Huh?  ???   :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy