Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278684 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #210 on: 15:34:36, 16/03/17 »
I am trying to follow the sections of Harlech to London coach road, from Llanfair and as far as Dolgellau.
A considerable amount of the trackway is easy to follow, but certain sections have been lost over the years.
The last two days have been spent enjoying some amazing weather in Cmw NantCol, and Cwm Bychan, but due to the heavy rain a few weeks ago, the ground is very waterlogged.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: 19:00:12, 16/03/17 »
I walked from Eridge to Crowborough today, a hilly walk with woodland ghylls and fine views over the beautiful rolling countryside of the High Weald.  Warm and sunny    :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #212 on: 19:05:31, 21/03/17 »
I walked in the countryside to the west of Uckfield in the Sussex Weald today, a scenic walk taking in woodlands, sandstone outcrops and beautiful lakes.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #213 on: 20:58:23, 21/03/17 »
I'm walking with a group all around the edge of Combs Moss tomorrow. The weather looks horrendous!! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #214 on: 08:26:44, 22/03/17 »
I'm walking with a group all around the edge of Combs Moss tomorrow. The weather looks horrendous!! :D

Funnily enough, I walked around the edge of Combs Moss yesterday - it was very wet and muddy underfoot and the wind almost blew me off my feet a couple of times but the views were amazing. Looking forward to doing it again when it's a bit drier. Hope you enjoy, despite the weather!  :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: 08:35:11, 22/03/17 »

Funnily enough, I walked around the edge of Combs Moss yesterday - it was very wet and muddy underfoot and the wind almost blew me off my feet a couple of times but the views were amazing. Looking forward to doing it again when it's a bit drier. Hope you enjoy, despite the weather!  :)

I've done it a few times already, so wont be missing anything if I can't see much apart from the inside of my coat hood! ::)

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #216 on: 14:34:44, 22/03/17 »
I'll agree with Adalard. I finally got to Erwood and Shining Tor yesterday - postponed from last week.

Twas a touch breezy and nippy on the top of the tor.   :) :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: 22:20:07, 24/03/17 »
Did a really nice short walk after work today around Elloughton Wold in the sunshine.  Lovely start to the weekend  :)

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #218 on: 08:34:57, 25/03/17 »
I had a bit of a convoluted wander on Kinder yesterday.

From Mam Tor car park: Rushup Edge - Brown Knoll - Swine's Back - down via Kinderlow End - back up via Three Knolls and Redbrook Clough - the Downfall - Sandy Heys - and from there down to the reservoir and a much needed pint of shandy in Hayfield.

It was a cracking day, windy but unbroken sunshine all the way.

Shaky

« Reply #219 on: 20:14:29, 27/03/17 »
I shall be bimbling up and around the beacons for a nice little two-day hike and wild camp.
Loops around the beacons, catching all the major spots.
Storey Arms, Corn Du, y-Fan, Cribyn, y-big, Craig y fan ddu. Might push over towards Allt Llwyd if I manage to make excellent time, and signal dependent.
Back through Taf Fechan to the Storey's to nap before driving home.

Nice way to spend some time.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: 21:12:28, 27/03/17 »
Had a super yomp around the Okehampton Range on Dartmoor today - beats working for a living and a useful recce for future trips.
Solvitur Ambulando

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: 09:18:21, 28/03/17 »
Doing a walk from Longnor tomorrow and will be scaling the dizzy heights of Chrome & Parkhouse Hills.  Yet again, the weather doesn't look great! :D

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: 10:07:01, 28/03/17 »
Had a super yomp around the Okehampton Range on Dartmoor today - beats working for a living and a useful recce for future trips.

Which ranges?  Have a week off will be up on the moor most days. Yesterday it was Hens for with MrsG.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: 12:54:54, 28/03/17 »
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #224 on: 19:07:40, 28/03/17 »
I walked in the High Hurstwood area of the Sussex Weald today, taking in a very pretty ghyll woodland, and with fine views of the beautiful hilly countryside.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy