Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278566 times)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #315 on: 18:48:19, 31/05/17 »
I went to Newhaven today and walked on top of the cliffs and along the shore. There were wild flowers on the cliffs, the sea was a gorgeous light turquoise, and the views over Seaford Bay were panoramic.  Warm and sunny    :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #316 on: 19:05:45, 31/05/17 »
A circuit of Woodbury Common, beloved by the Royal Marines, on Monday then today we opened the campaign on the East Devon SWCP with a circuit from Exmouth Station to Budleigh Salterton. Humid on both days and the weatherman was over optimistic too! Today he promised good visibility but we could not see to the bottom of the cliffs from the top near Budleigh and it rained twice despite a less than 5% probability  >:( .  Not allowed out to play tomorrow and Friday may be a wash out if the TV forecast is right.
Solvitur Ambulando

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #317 on: 18:42:58, 06/06/17 »
Weather permitting, I shall be doing the Snowdon Horseshoe by (full)Moonlight on Thursday night!

...just hope the current forecast is wrong

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #318 on: 22:45:30, 06/06/17 »
Weather permitting, I shall be doing the Snowdon Horseshoe by (full)Moonlight on Thursday night!

...just hope the current forecast is wrong

Just seen the forecast. Good luck, don't forget your mask and snorkel and lightning conductor.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: 20:11:36, 07/06/17 »
I walked on the South Downs today from Woodingdean on the eastern outskirts of Brighton to Lewes, via Bullock Hill and the village of Kingston near Lewes.  Bullock Hill, with its wonderful views of the great valley below and the rolling hills beyond, is one of the many lovely areas of the downs not on the South Downs Way itself     :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #320 on: 21:24:46, 07/06/17 »
11 miles along the Grand Western Canal with Mrs Ninthace today. Given the weather forecast - likely to be the only walk this week.
Solvitur Ambulando

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #321 on: 13:15:29, 08/06/17 »

Just seen the forecast. Good luck, don't forget your mask and snorkel and lightning conductor.

change of plan, we're now doing Nantlle Ridge on Friday instead

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #322 on: 17:06:45, 08/06/17 »
I went to Wellington, Shropshire today. I thought I thought I would have a look into an exclusion zone, X zone as explained in link. One bit of footpath linking into a back drive, white lane, would have mitigated 1200 acres without a right of way, but a notice saying that the right of way ended and 'PRIVATE PROPERTY' was the reason I could go no further. I had a little look further and this flushed out the owner and I told him I am researching lostways. He being the Shropshire President of the Landowner's Association of course knew nothing of the corruption of the Definitive Map. Pretty sure he told me a 'porky pie', about the history of the way through his estate. Of course I had to retrace my steps, but I had expected this and had a return ticket in my pocket.

More details to follow from the brief mention I made to this situation here.

Anyway it is not everyday a walker meets a county president of the CLA. I suppose his mention of police and trespass should have me quivering in my shoes, but the extent landowners go to cover up the Corruption of the Definitive Map seems to have given me a bit of a protective inoculation from such feelings.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Scrambledlegs

« Reply #323 on: 06:35:12, 12/06/17 »
We're escaping for a 'nice' walk up Haystacks today and staying at Borrowdale YHA.

Sick of dodging rain whenever we're off work so we've decided to just nick off and do it!

I can't really do anything too climby with my shoulder the way it is so we think this sounds like the route for us. I've never done it before.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #324 on: 20:02:11, 13/06/17 »
I walked on the South Downs today from Seaford to Exceat, going via Alfriston and the hill of High and Over.  Hot and sunny    :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #325 on: 19:00:22, 21/06/17 »
I went a circular walk from Chichester today, taking in picturesque Dell Quay, and a path beside one of the beautiful creeks of Chichester Harbour, and then by the Chichester Canal back to the city.  Chichester Harbour is one of my favourite places to walk, idyllic and peaceful, with boats dotted about on the creeks    :)

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #326 on: 22:04:32, 21/06/17 »
 :)  I did a 3 day hike / trek on the 35 mile Gritstone TraiL From Disley to Kidsgrove . A hard hilly tough testing trail . 
 :o  I actually did 45 miles , taking the odd mistake taking wrong trails and having to  find a Campsite for the night .
Thoroughly enjoyed all the lovely scenery and test carrying 14 kg  rucksack  :-X O0
Zizag

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #327 on: 23:17:09, 21/06/17 »

We're escaping for a 'nice' walk up Haystacks today and staying at Borrowdale YHA.

ooo, I stayed at Borrowdale YHA on the 12th June!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #328 on: 14:41:11, 22/06/17 »
Supposed to have been cooler today so did another section of the SWCP on a circular route between Hartland Quay and Welcombe Mouth. However, the humidity was through the roof so ended up drenched in perspiration anyway (I'm an officer so I don't sweat) and Mrs N definitely had a rosy glow. Can recommend the Old Smithy Inn at Welcombe for a well deserved drink afterwards.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #329 on: 18:49:51, 26/06/17 »
I went a circular walk from Rye today, taking in some of the 1066 Country Walk and some of the High Weald Landscape Trail.  A delightful walk in gently rolling countryside, with fine views over the beautiful valley of the river Tillingham.  Hot and sunny    :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy