Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 275977 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #705 on: 19:42:49, 03/04/19 »
Snow on Dartmoor today albeit briefly.  Unfortunately, I was walking on Aylesbeare and Woodbury Commons on the other side of the Exe estuary looking for Dartford Warblers at the time.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #706 on: 22:44:53, 03/04/19 »
Snow on Dartmoor today albeit briefly.  Unfortunately, I was walking on Aylesbeare and Woodbury Commons on the other side of the Exe estuary looking for Dartford Warblers at the time.
Yes looked good driving to work this morning.  If there is still decent coverage on the tops tommorow , then I plan to miss my usual afternoon indoor climbing and head up Yes tor from Meldon. May melt away tommorow morning though.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #707 on: 23:25:32, 03/04/19 »
Ironically I will be passing Yes Tor tomorrow morning on my way to Cornwall for the day. Shame I have no time for a detour.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #708 on: 23:35:27, 03/04/19 »
Ironically I will be passing Yes Tor tomorrow morning on my way to Cornwall for the day. Shame I have no time for a detour.
Cornish sea side or moors?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #709 on: 08:06:46, 04/04/19 »
Cornish sea side or moors?
Visiting family currently posted to Cornwall and collect new car.  May be doing seaside walking next week though as we are baby sitting near Newquay.
Solvitur Ambulando

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #710 on: 08:57:22, 04/04/19 »

Did you find any? I've been lucky to have had some excellent sightings of them in past years.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #711 on: 17:14:36, 04/04/19 »

Did you find any? I've been lucky to have had some excellent sightings of them in past years.
  Afraid not but I think we heard one.  There were some optimistic birdwatchers about looking for them.  I don't think hiking and warbler spotting go together too well as one requires walking and the other benefits from a lot of standing. 
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #712 on: 21:06:43, 04/04/19 »
  Afraid not but I think we heard one.  There were some optimistic birdwatchers about looking for them.  I don't think hiking and warbler spotting go together too well as one requires walking and the other benefits from a lot of standing.

I have never been much good at standing still.  Certainly not on Dartmoor today.  Driving sleet and hail.  Boy oh boy that felt cold.  Didn't walk far in that.  I did build a wee snow man though. :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #713 on: 21:46:11, 04/04/19 »

I have never been much good at standing still.  Certainly not on Dartmoor today.  Driving sleet and hail.  Boy oh boy that felt cold.  Didn't walk far in that.  I did build a wee snow man though. :)

It looked there had been a fresh fall overnight but it looked like was melting fast this morning.  The snow line was high enough to park on the moor under Rowtor.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #714 on: 22:21:41, 04/04/19 »
It looked there had been a fresh fall overnight but it looked like was melting fast this morning.  The snow line was high enough to park on the moor under Rowtor.
Yes, the only snow was up above 500m and that was melting by afternoon.  Cold and wet, you did well to pass on by.  I just couldn't resist one last walk in the snow this season. ;)

RobertJames

« Reply #715 on: 12:56:57, 11/04/19 »
I'll be volunteering for a Peak District race-event over the weekend 'PB57' starting from Middleton Top and finishing at Hayfield, hopefully managing to get a few miles walking done with the DSLR camera along a few of the trails and ways connecting the race.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #716 on: 20:00:54, 12/04/19 »
Lovely little walk from home, with Mrs G.  Down the Latchbroke Leat to Forder Lake. Then we followed the river Lynher around the foreshore at low tide to Wearde Quay. Never walked that foreshore so far, in all these years.  Realy enjoyed it.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #717 on: 12:20:00, 14/04/19 »
Heading off tomorrow to start National Trail number 14, the Peddars Way/Norfolk Coast Path walk.

Looking forward to the mountainous surroundings  :D :D :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Ralph

« Reply #718 on: 13:43:48, 14/04/19 »
Heading off tomorrow to start National Trail number 14, the Peddars Way/Norfolk Coast Path walk.

Are you camping along the way?, if so, give High Sands Creek a look in Stiffkey. It's Stewky to the locals.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #719 on: 16:54:40, 14/04/19 »

You better take some pics. I recall Andy Broadley was doing it, never saw any pics  :o
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy