Author Topic: When flying does your rucksack always go in the hold?  (Read 638 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Until now I've always checked my rucksack into the hold of the plane. I usually fly with Easyjet and It cost me an extra £25 or so. When I fly out with Easyjet in January I'm going to try this time to take my rucksack into the cabin, which is at no extra cost.

I'm going to use my Golight Jam rucksack which has no metal frame. I'll pack all of the fabric types items, clothes, sleeping quilt, bivi, etc into it then fold and crush it down to ensure that its fits within the Easyjet 56 x 45 x 25cm baggage requirement and I'll wear as much of the hard items in the clothes that I'll be wearing on board the plane.

I've seen lots of people do this before so I thought that I'll have a go. Do you do this, or is your rucksack too big for the cabin?

When I get to La Palma my plan is to buy one cheap new or second-hand hiking stick, which I will use to help me up and downhill and to be used to keep my tarp up as well. When I fly home I'll either try giving it to someone, or I'll just have to put it in a rubbish bin. I'm sure it will find a happy home somewhere.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: When flying does your rucksack always go in the hold?
« Reply #1 on: 17:26:52, 28/12/19 »
Say that you need the walking stick for mobility and you'll get that on too!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: When flying does your rucksack always go in the hold?
« Reply #2 on: 18:09:42, 28/12/19 »
Say that you need the walking stick for mobility and you'll get that on too!

yep ;)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy