Author Topic: Info Moyle Way (and Antrim)  (Read 2135 times)

cazza87

Info Moyle Way (and Antrim)
« on: 19:02:02, 13/02/18 »

Good evening, I'm Marco, I'm Italian and I'm 30 years old.
This summer I would like to take a trip to Ireland and I'm starting to look at some itineraries. I have already selected some routes (for example the Causeway Coastal Way ..), but I would like to find others.
I wanted to ask you some information about the Moyle Way, from Ballycastle to Waterfoot. I was willing to walk it this summer, in two days.
I have read that there are no B & Bs on the way and, asking the WalkNI website, they have told me that the Antrim Coastal Service Bus n.252 serves the route. But consulting the transport site I saw that actually the Bus n.252 follows the coastal route, while the Moyle Way goes through the hinterland.
Nobody here ever walked the Moyle Way? Do you have any suggestions for me? How could I organize the walk in two days? And above all, do you have any other good walks to recommend around Ballycastle / Waterfoot / Glenariff, as an alternative to the Moyle Way?

Thank you,
Marco

henryb

• Veteran Member
Re: Info Moyle Way (and Antrim)
« Reply #1 on: 22:57:10, 14/02/18 »
Hi Marco, I must confess I've never heard of the Moyle way before now and haven't walked in Antrim for a number of years but was wondering if you had considered walking the Mournes in co Down? I'd have a wealth of knowledge to share and they are far better than any Antrim walk I've done except Giant's Causeway. Thanks, Henry

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy