Author Topic: Galileo GPS satellite system down  (Read 1148 times)

Pitboot

Re: Galileo GPS satellite system down
« Reply #1 on: 10:03:18, 15/07/19 »
"The downtime also comes after widespread GPS outages were reported across Israel, Iran, Iraq, and Syria at the end of June. Israeli media blamed the downtime on Russian interference, rather than a technical problem."  

Interesting quote.

This comes at a time when Macron has announced the formation of a space defence arm of the French forces.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:44:12, 15/07/19 »
Mine was working fine yesterday, but I did notice it was about 100 yards 'out' (under reading) on my 'test mile' on the 'way-out' but was 'bang on' on the way back

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:36:20, 15/07/19 »
Someone forgot to wind the clock in Italy :

https://insidegnss.com/update-galileo-service-degraded-on-all-satellites-precise-timing-facility-problems-cited/

Another source close to the program told us, “As far as I know, it is a problem of the PTF [Precise Timing Facility] in Italy – time has an impact on the whole constellation!”
The Precise Timing Facility is a ground station that generates the Galileo System Time, or GST. The GST is uploaded to the Galileo satellites to make the user localization possible, and it is also disseminated to every user as an accurate time reference. The Precise Timing Facility hosts several Cesium clocks and a Hydrogen Maser clock.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:35:26, 18/07/19 »
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy