Author Topic: Hi all, it's me, tried a few names, this is the one I got. Northampton to Dundee  (Read 1509 times)

Me

so Northampton to Dundee........anybody know the way  :D

harland

• Veteran Member
so Northampton to Dundee........anybody know the way  :D
Change at Crewe! :D

Me

Crewe.....sounds like a train. What it is.....Been thinking about this walk for a couple of years, now really it's a good idea not to discuss plans till their ripe, but think I require advice on this one. No way am I rambler, I am an avid walker though. In my own little way I walk miles. So I've decided to do this hike next May, not worried how long it takes, give myself up to a month. I'm 47, female, smoker and intend to do walk solo. Got the rucksack  ;)  and on it in my head, just wanna kinda know routes to base some planning on. any ideas Harland O0  the obvious is to stop smoking I know. Thanks me, Lisa

tonyk

• Veteran Member
 Grand Union canal to Derby followed by  field paths and minor roads to Ashbourne.From Ashbourne you have a choice of routes to reach the start of the Pennine Way at Edale.PW will take you to Kirk Yetholm on the Scottish Borders.From here there are many ways of reaching Edinburgh and then heading to Dundee.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member

The Scottish National trail will take you from Kirk Yetholm to Edinburgh, then Fife coastal path should take you to within shouting distance of the Tay Bridge.
The Long Distance Walking Association website is a great resource for finding and linking footpaths.
Are you planning on camping or finding accommodation along the way?

Me

Thankyou very much for responding, gonna look at these routes now got something to base on. Planning on camping. Next May is the date. Really looking forward to this.... O0  Any advice always welcome.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy