Author Topic: TV Yorkshire Wolds Way  (Read 2829 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
TV Yorkshire Wolds Way
« on: 20:35:51, 09/11/18 »
For anyone that's interested there's a repeat of Yorkshire Wolds Way with Paul Rose on BBC2 at 19:30 on Tuesday 12 Nov, a two-parter.
I personally won't be bothering for I thought his recent Lakes series was mostly awful.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: TV Yorkshire Wolds Way
« Reply #1 on: 22:49:21, 09/11/18 »
I'll probably watch it again. ... beats watching the X Factor or Strictly or whatever other drivel is on at the same time.

Plus I'm still trying to work out out how him riding a unicycle relates in any way at all to the Yorkshire Wold Way  :-\

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 06:39:22, 10/11/18 »
Plus I'm still trying to work out out how him riding a unicycle relates in any way at all to the Yorkshire Wold Way  :-\
It was at that stage I switched it off last time!  The only one I have really seen that I thought brought out the pleasure of nature/walking was the flyover of the Pennine Way that the Countryside Agency produced, see:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWVu3Hoz_6w

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:27:05, 10/11/18 »
I'll probably watch it again. ... beats watching the X Factor or Strictly or whatever other drivel is on at the same time.

I could do a better walk/ tour thing myself, least it would be summat to do with the scenery! And u might see some of it, too.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

zuludog

« Reply #4 on: 20:36:18, 12/11/18 »
On tonight's programme we saw a bridge, some old bicycles, some moths, and a couple of other irrelevant items that I've forgotten about

Now again we saw some views of the Wolds Way

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:31:42, 12/11/18 »
I wouldn't mind but, since that programme was made, a lot of the moths have been sold off to private buyers so most likely aren't even there anymore (for the purposes of spotting and adding interest/curiosity to the urban part of the walk).

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:02:09, 13/11/18 »
What? Moths sold off? Along with blackbirds and rainbows?  :-\
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:30:53, 13/11/18 »
The few seconds that contained shots of the walk weren't even in sequential order. Utter garbage

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:55:07, 14/11/18 »
In contrast to most responses on here we quite enjoyed the programme  :) We don't know anything about the Yorkshire Wolds Way so we wouldn't know if the walk was out of sequence. I have like all of Paul Rose's programmes, the Lake District one, The SWCP one and the Pennine Way one. I like Paul Rose and don't mind that it isn't all about the walk, it is nice to see other things along the way, I think.
Hate will never win

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 11:59:02, 14/11/18 »
I haven't seen this programme, but many years ago I learnt a general principle (for me anyway): when you have extensive experience and knowledge of a subject, there is nothing worse than watching a TV programme about it aimed at Joe Public. It shows me nothing I don't already know and usually oversimplifies all the stuff I do know, not to mention encouraging what I perceive as very bad habits.

Against my better judgement I started watching a video of Julia Bradbury in the Lakes a few years back. When she added a stone to a (non-summit) cairn I felt like ramming the keyboard through the screen.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12:25:21, 14/11/18 »
I watched the 1st episode, purely by accident as I had been watching the FA Cup draw on the same channel before it on BBC.

Maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if I hadn't walked the YWW a few months ago but I just felt myself wanting him to get on with it and show people the scenery and the lovely valleys that I walked through but there were only fleeting glimpses.

First of all, it's arguable whether he even started at the right place as the sculpture on Hessle foreshore isn't the start as far as I'm concerned, the first fingerpost about the YWW is just before the sculpture.

I like a bit of history on the long distance walks but we were about half way through this programme before we even left the Humber which is only a few miles from the start. I just found myself telling him to get on with it.

Mind you, Mel won't want people watching it, deciding to walk there and overcrowding HER Wolds, lol
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

zuludog

« Reply #11 on: 14:30:06, 14/11/18 »
IMHO the best TV programmes about walking were 'The Munro Show' by Muriel Gray - straightforward, with no waffle, and an example for anyone trying to do that sort of thing

If you haven't seen them, Search YouTube,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy