Author Topic: Are landowners taking advantage of CV to block paths ?  (Read 3622 times)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Re: Are landowners taking advantage of CV to block paths ?
« Reply #45 on: 09:58:02, 10/05/20 »
In the context of Scottish Law, I would suggest, the landowner is at fault by not stating a reason, as you have a legal right of responsible access. If it is clear that there is a path that is being used then there must be a destination. This goes to the root of the whole access argument, landowners are not required by grant of freehold to be aware how the position of their holding affects the community at large.
I don’t think the path goes anywhere, except further along the riverbank. Further along progress is blocked by a burn and bog and further still a house and garden appears to extend to the water’s edge.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 10:11:14, 10/05/20 »
And that in itself is a reason to walk there, in New Zealand, where there is no legal public access and presumably freehold in the English law form, there is the Queen's Chain, which in itself is a recognition of the importance of stream and river banks as a natural place for contemplation and relaxation.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 12:06:18, 10/05/20 »
An update to my original post.
Despite being requested to remove the obstruction by the council it's still there but with the increased number of people walking over it due to CV it's virtually been worn away now anyway.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy