Author Topic: Wild Moors and Tors UK Trek  (Read 1808 times)

MarieCurieWalker

Wild Moors and Tors UK Trek
« on: 14:32:55, 26/02/16 »
 Hi Walkers!

I'd like to tell you about a great walk taking place this October in Dartmoor, a land of myth and legend! Marie Curies Wild Moors and Tors UK Trek takes place on Sunday 9th October. This challenging 13 mile sponsored trek will take you over some of the most beautiful landscapes of the Dartmoor National Park including Hamel Down Ridge, Hound Tor and the Hamlet of Widecombe-in-the-Moor. Upon completion you’ll be rewarded with a medal and traditional Devonian Cream Tea (yum), knowing you’ve help support the work of Marie Curie nurses in your local community who provide free care and support to patients living with a terminal illness.

Every walker will get a trekking t-shirt, free parking and support from expert mountain guides along the way. Minimum age 14 years and under 18s must be accompanied by an responsible adult. You must pre-register for this event as places are limited.

Make a weekend of it and explore the best of what this beautiful county has to offer.

To find out more just visit the Marie Curie website and search "Tors Challenge"
Thanks and happy walking!

Cnicht

• Veteran Member
Re: Wild Moors and Tors UK Trek
« Reply #1 on: 19:07:06, 26/02/16 »
This is a good cause.  Your nurses helped to look after my mum who had bowel cancer and to be honest I don't think we would have coped without the help of the Marie Curie dedicated nurses, the support they gave us goes well beyond anything we expected.  They were with us on the day we lost our mum such an emotional hard time and the compassion they had was tremendous.  I can't thank you enough xx

I'll have a look on your website and see if I can help.

MarieCurieWalker

Re: Wild Moors and Tors UK Trek
« Reply #2 on: 15:51:46, 29/02/16 »
Thank you so much for your kind words Cnicht, our nurses are indeed wonderful. I'm glad they were such a comfort and support to you and your family during what must have been a very difficult time.
Kindest Regards

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy