Author Topic: Swaledale  (Read 4331 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Swaledale
« on: 14:48:53, 17/10/07 »
Can't get out today so I've had time to put this walk we did in Swaledale a while ago on the website.

walking-books

• Veteran Member
Re: Swaledale
« Reply #1 on: 13:07:16, 16/01/08 »
Can't get out today so I've had time to put this walk we did in Swaledale a while ago on the website.

Got a link to where this walk is Dave?
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:22:31, 18/01/08 »
Kidsty,

I'm awfully embarrassed but I can't find the walk either. I looked in your "Other Pictures" section, and then kind of got distracted with some of your other posts.  :)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:38:25, 18/01/08 »
Kidsty,

I'm awfully embarrassed but I can't find the walk either. I looked in your "Other Pictures" section, and then kind of got distracted with some of your other posts.  :)

Sorry guys, it is in the "Other Pictures" section.....The walk is called "A walk from Gunnerside to Keld and back"

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:50:32, 18/01/08 »
Cheers Dave  O0

I lived in around there for 15 years and never tired of that walk....used to do it daily from Muker to Keld & back with my Springer spaniel in tow...or rather him towing me.

Thanks for stirring some great memories.

Mike

www.walking-books.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:32:55, 18/01/08 »
Cheers Dave  O0

I lived in around there for 15 years and never tired of that walk....used to do it daily from Muker to Keld & back with my Springer spaniel in tow...or rather him towing me.

Thanks for stirring some great memories.

Your welcome Mike, as you said a great walk

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:15:55, 06/03/08 »
Made a return trip to Swaledale at the weekend for a couple of walks.

The first was a great walk from Keld to Tan Hill Inn - what a welcome sight that is after trudging across the moors! Return to Keld was via Ravenseat and the walk was around 10 miles in all.

The next day we started out from Gunnerside and walked up to Blakethwaite Dams through the lead mining area above the village. Makes you realise how soft a life we have these days compared to the poor sods working these mines. The return took us across the moorland above Low Row before cropping back down into Gunnerside and another welcome refreshment stop in the pub.

I don't get back to Swaledale half as much as I should and this weekend of walks makes me all the more determined to address that issue.

Mike

www.walking-books.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy