Author Topic: Tech NEA project survey  (Read 1102 times)

Sellers6

Tech NEA project survey
« on: 13:03:45, 22/10/19 »
If possible could I get some help from anyone about a traveling organizer
Follow this link to the survey-https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NGTWTQ2

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Tech NEA project survey
« Reply #1 on: 13:43:36, 22/10/19 »

Sorry, but I'm getting a bit miffed at the abruptness of these school surveys.  Yes, I realise it's research as part of some curriculum project but a bit of an introduction / explanation and a few manners (please, thank you) cost nothing and might well get a better response.

It is a rare thing that the original posters of these type of surveys ever log back on to thank people for their time in completing these surveys too.

If you was asking people face to face would you launch straight into the questionnaire? No introduction? No "thank you for your time" at the end?

Just because this is the internet doesn't mean all social manners should be ignored.

Rant over.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:53:33, 22/10/19 »
Agree with Mel.

Also Sellers6, the survey seems to have a bit of a typo at Q7.

Maggot

« Reply #3 on: 18:07:22, 22/10/19 »
Agree with Mel.

Also Sellers6, the survey seems to have a bit of a typo at Q7.

That won't be a typo, that will be a piece of code which downloads your bank details and all your passwords to a server in the Ukraine  O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:08:40, 22/10/19 »
You could be right.   ;D

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:16:00, 22/10/19 »
I'm wondering if they are all from one school being directed here?
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:14:20, 22/10/19 »
Weirdly, on The One Show just now there was an article on manners and saying thank you  :o

I'm wondering if they are all from one school being directed here?

Nah, although I think word gets around as to which sites might be the best to post on.

The questions/surveys themselves don't bother me though and I'll complete them if the request has been made in a polite, literate sort of way.

I wonder if they'll use the same premise to apply for a job .... "your advertizing a job - give me it" (bad spelling/grammar intentional).

Sellers6

« Reply #7 on: 16:00:23, 01/11/19 »

All from the same curriculum I'm afraid, sorry that the message was a bit abrupt but I've been looking for a good forum for a while so I kind of gave up on "formalities".

Just really wanted to say thanks to all those who completed the survey and yes there was a typo on question 7 but it has now been fixed (no hidden code from Ukraine!).

The responses are really helping me speed up the process and any more are entirely welcome.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:09:27, 01/11/19 »
Thank you for making the highest level of 'How old are you' 40+  ;)

TBH I found the survey a bit shallow. It's about a travel organiser, right?
After asking how often I walk and for how long, next it's Do you use an organiser? to which I answered No, and then What's the most valuable thing you carry? My phone. End of survey.
I was left thinking is that it?
How on earth are you going to gain any information about organisers from that?

Pitboot

« Reply #9 on: 22:11:01, 01/11/19 »
Some people might respond to unsolicited and shallow questionnaires by giving totally misleading and stupid answers.  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy