Author Topic: TR: The Cowal Way 4-day backpack  (Read 1996 times)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
TR: The Cowal Way 4-day backpack
« on: 21:26:06, 12/05/17 »
A 4-day backpack of the Cowal Way (CW) waymarked trail in Argyll, running through the peninsula from Portavadie in the south-west to Tarbet in the north.

I enjoyed this backpack almost entirely in glorious conditions and I was very surprised to find nearly all of it totally deserted. Apart from locals in the towns and villages, the only people I saw on the route were two couples near Sruth Ban waterfalls and a few starting out on the popular Succoth path to The Cobbler.

Full report & photos

karl h

• Veteran Member
Re: TR: The Cowal Way 4-day backpack
« Reply #1 on: 21:48:23, 12/05/17 »
" An enjoyable return to form" indeed..cracking read Geoff  O0
BTW next week i finally get to go backpacking on Arran. Finally scratching the itch that your trip reports inspired quite a few years ago now :)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:23:57, 14/05/17 »
Thanks Karl, fantastic weather for a trail backpack.
I hope the weather is fine for your Arran trip, you won't be disappointed. Just this week I was wondering if I could design another Arran backpack that we could do together, the draw of the island is strong.
After reading about your excellent Eskdale trip I realised that we haven't been to the Lakes for years - great stuff.

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:49:04, 01/06/17 »
Enjoyed reading that. We've just come back from a week in Ardnamurchan and deciding where to go next year. You've just given me a good looking choice  O0
Excellent

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:34:34, 01/06/17 »
Thanks redeye, it's satisfying to do a trail backpack now and again especially in a new area.
Ardnamurchan: a new name for me, had to search for that on Memory-Map!.

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:27:39, 02/06/17 »
Thanks redeye, it's satisfying to do a trail backpack now and again especially in a new area.
Ardnamurchan: a new name for me, had to search for that on Memory-Map!.
Lovely quiet remote with some good walking  O0
This is a great blog about Kilchoan, the small village where we stayed. http://kilchoan.blogspot.co.uk
« Last Edit: 19:48:11, 02/06/17 by redeye »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy