Author Topic: Thermos Cooking..?  (Read 14555 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Thermos Cooking..?
« Reply #285 on: 15:31:59, 25/03/20 »
Today's (dead horse flogging) lunch was a penne pasta trial. Wholewheat Penne a bit of a tall order for a thermos, but it worked in 30 mins!  O0

https://ibb.co/sJT8hWf

I think your cat ate your horse.  It obviously disagreed with the cat.
Solvitur Ambulando

lightweightmick

« Reply #286 on: 17:20:00, 25/03/20 »
Eighthace clearly died of boredom... ::)
So does anyone actually have a genuine interest in this thread..?
Use a smiley ...you know it makes sense

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #287 on: 17:34:42, 25/03/20 »

Caused no doubt by 20 pages of personal experiments with pasta.

Most scientists and mad professors at least wait until theyve completed their projects before publishing results. .

Are you now ready for your attempt at World domination using Thermos now, or are you still flogging the departed nag? . :D
Too little, too late, too bad......

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #288 on: 17:38:53, 25/03/20 »
Leave him alone.  It is not often you come across such a monomania.  I'm fascinated.
Solvitur Ambulando

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #289 on: 18:07:13, 25/03/20 »
Leave him alone.  It is not often you come across such a monomania.  I'm fascinated.
Sorry, Ninthace, you are correct.
I don't share your fascination but I suppose he is not harming any walkers.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #290 on: 18:21:34, 25/03/20 »
Have my tea black... but the coffee mix is posing a problem.
I take it you don't like using powdered milk?
I used powdered milk in my cereal mix prepaks as well, so whatever I can discover will serve both...
Never got on with powdered milk, and CoffeeMate gave me dizzy spells.  That may sound, and it took a long time to track down the reason for them.  Food allergies can be very strange.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #291 on: 18:22:59, 25/03/20 »
So does anyone actually have a genuine interest in this thread..?

Obviously not and to be quite frank you are boring my bloody tits off!  ;D ;D ;D

The honest answer is that this is without doubt the most boring thread with utterly nonsensical and totally useless subject matter that I've ever seen posted on this forum.

It seems to have completely escaped your attention that for the majority of it you have actually been talking to and answering yourself.  ::)

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #292 on: 18:49:20, 25/03/20 »
Obviously not and to be quite frank you are boring my bloody tits off!  ;D ;D ;D

It seems to have completely escaped your attention that for the majority of it you have actually been talking to and answering yourself.  ::)
Tee hee O0 So funny, but true.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #293 on: 19:11:19, 25/03/20 »
I can't agree this is the most boring thread.  The annual mileage thread is up there in my book.  I am interested to know how this cooking ad turns out.
I was going to suggest he try yellow cake uranium next as an integral heat source.  The UKAEA has done some interesting work with their flasks.
Solvitur Ambulando

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #294 on: 20:09:34, 25/03/20 »
Keep it coming, I enjoy it.
I actually got a second flask last week, a smaller one.  Not had a chance to try anything yet, spent too much time sorting shop out now that we have closed.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

lightweightmick

« Reply #295 on: 22:44:35, 25/03/20 »
Keep it coming, I enjoy it.
I actually got a second flask last week, a smaller one.  Not had a chance to try anything yet, spent too much time sorting shop out now that we have closed.

O0 Why, thank you kind sir.

I'd had the 470ml off my Christmas list from my son... then got the one you have (the 1L Pioneer) then bought the 750ml from Aldi as I thought the 470 wouldn't be big enough and the 1L too big... now looking to get the 500ml Sigg as it will fit the side pocket of my sack better - keeps us off the streets at least  :)

I shall be ignoring the flat earthers henceforth... and would be happy for them to do likewise as we are world's apart it appears - (blue litmus paper would go instantly red with the acidity present on this forum at times methinks) - though nothing is gained with a closed mind.

Your continued interest is of value... Birdman's input has also been useful.
The suggestion of power cut use is of interest also.
Tbh, I can't see what's not to like... unless you're from the past... and thermos flasks have been around for a very long time!

Would your shop be craft aligned by any chance..? I'm stuck at home as my job (now part time at least) relies on one-on-one contact (though not a masseur, sadly.. )

lightweightmick

« Reply #296 on: 22:52:49, 25/03/20 »
Never got on with powdered milk, and CoffeeMate gave me dizzy spells.  That may sound, and it took a long time to track down the reason for them.  Food allergies can be very strange.
Hmm, very true... it took me a long time to suss an allergy to MSG myself - Chinese restaurant syndrome for me translates to 'itchy back syndrome'! - so much so as to waking at 2 am unable to get back to sleep due to itching - def. very strange. Came to a head in Wales at St David's after Welsh burgers and sausages from a barbeque a few years back now - they must relish the damn stuff down there!
Still have to be careful when it says 'flavouring' on the ingredients...

Did you manage to isolate the offending additive in Coffee Mate?

lightweightmick

« Reply #297 on: 22:55:24, 25/03/20 »
Sorry to be a pedant, but I just don't believe that the calorific value of dry pasta is 800kcal/100g.
Pedantic is good - keeps us on our toes - thanks for your input  O0

lightweightmick

« Reply #298 on: 23:10:16, 25/03/20 »
So interest in the SIGG flask was influenced earlier today with this comparison test:
(sounds like this guy has had to deal with a few naysayers also...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ml_FHrXXvc&t=66s

The SIGG clearly, either has more vacuum, or the reflective layer does its job well (re link on how the SIGG bottles are made posted earlier...) as the other 2 bottles retain no ice. So thinking - would work better at the other end of the scale with hot too..?
In fact the SIGG video looks very much like the Japanese flask manufacturer's video to me..?

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #299 on: 12:07:12, 26/03/20 »
 Mick,can you remember that recipe from Sgt James of 49 Para,curried raw recruit with extra chilli? It used to get him through his 65 hour coast coast walks. ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy