Author Topic: How do you rename an unnamed private route in OS online mapping  (Read 4004 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
I wasn't quite sure if I should put this in gear or the Hikers Bar hope I made the right call.

Anyway I've emailed them and asked them this question and they replied telling me how to rename a private road.

Does anyone here know how to do this? When I upload my GPX routes it names them all "Unnamed Route" which isn't very helpful.

This question refers to the website.
« Last Edit: 18:13:56, 17/04/19 by Rob Goes Walking »

Mel

• Veteran Member
Is there not an "edit name" type of option?  There is on VR.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Is there not an "edit name" type of option?  There is on VR.

I'm trying to do it on the website, I'll download the app and see if I can do it from in there. I recall being able to edit the route name when it already had a name but not when they're nameless.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Can't find a way to do it from the app either.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
PC version.  Sign In, Click on Routes, Select My Routes, this opens the routes tab.  Click on My Routes - causes all your routes to be listed A-Z.  Scroll down to Unnamed Route.  Bottom right by sketch map se e Edit Delete.  Click Delete.  Window pops up to say route has been deleted. Click OK
This is how I deleted your routes from yesterday.
If you want to keep the route, click edit instead, click save option, rename route in edit window.

Phone version - open app - tap menu- under My Routes and Maps tap Routes - scroll down to route - tap options - tap delete
Solvitur Ambulando

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Thanks ninthace. I worked out how to do it after asking here, when you edit a route if you press Save it prompts you for details including name. So you have to save the route, despite having changed nothing.

Like you just said.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Thanks ninthace - I was just looking at this on my OS Maps today - and you just answered my question.   :) :) :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy