Author Topic: Crib Goch and snowdon Horse Shoe, Dec2nd  (Read 3451 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Crib Goch and snowdon Horse Shoe, Dec2nd
« Reply #15 on: 19:16:16, 30/11/17 »
Well the weather is looking awful for both the drive up and the mountains once we get there.   The good news a weekend with the lad, will easily make up for such minor irritations as weather.   O0

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:52:45, 03/12/17 »
Certainly a lot milder than last week.
Took a nice walk to the summit of Yr Llethr this afternoon, but blimey was it boggy, my clothing was a real mess, covered in mud and slime, and a little bit chilly, but nowhere near as cold as last week.
Did'nt need my gloves.
Too little daylight hours to do anything more serious.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:35:20, 06/12/17 »
Well my son and I had a great adventure.  Thanks to all for your pointers. 

Saturday was a washout.  No visibility above a few hundred meters.  so we took in some fine National trust properties.  Plas Newydd House on Anglsey and Penrhyn Castle.

So Sunday morning we set off.  We gave Crib Goch a miss due to wind rain snow and ice.  Still not seen it.  We did the rest of the Horse shoe though.  Tougher than I was expecting.  I wished I had my micro spikes with me, trying to climb up the last section of the Watkins path.  Took us 80 minutes of precarious snow kicking.  I was a little dehydrated at that point too, which didn't help.  Pea soup fog on the summit.  Then we enjoyed skating down the Pyg track. A great weekend O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy