Author Topic: A Weekend Exploring The Lanes, Becks and Fields around Long Preston  (Read 7026 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Cheers 10M+

I bet it was a lot less crowded than the more popular walks in the area too  :)

tenmilesplus

Yes Mel it was very quiet... saying that the whole week was very quiet except for the trip up Pen-y-Ghent, started at 1030 AM when there were about 12 of us, all in groups of 2 or 4 going up the blind side scramble but coming down the front side easy route there were a non stop flow of bodies.. don't know where they came from or went or parked because when we got back to the car there was very few cars around.. all very odd.. We couldn't believe our luck either because when we were at the top the view was awesome but as we were coming down the Big Black Clouds came over and the views vanished..  Such is the fascination of walking our blessed Country..
Gone for a walk, back in a bit..

Mel

• Veteran Member
I think Pen y Ghent is my favourite Dales mountain... I think it must be everyone else's as well because the couple of times I've been up it there have been rather a few people scampering around it.  Leave the Y3P route though and solitude is regained.  You was lucky with the big black clouds  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy