Author Topic: [TR] The Kray Twins Walk  (Read 1171 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR] The Kray Twins Walk
« on: 22:20:21, 18/02/18 »
Todays walk in Bethnal Green and Whitechapel London following the footsteps of The Kray Twins.

http://myadventures3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-kray-twins-walk.html?m=1

tyreon

Re: [TR] The Kray Twins Walk
« Reply #1 on: 13:18:20, 25/03/18 »

Hey! Came across your walking blog today. Very pleasant. Nice diary and pics. Informative too. Many thanks. I found the London walk of great interest as I'm sometimes hereabouts.
The Kray Twins walk looked interesting...tho I find them rather reprehensible.
Your diaries held my interest. Come rain and kept in, I might walk thru them.
You still walking about? I don't do Facebook and such. Cycling now?
Thanks for the info given. May forward your site to an Aussie friend,if and when she's next around she might follow in your footsteps. Stay well. Good wishes

Oldtramp

« Reply #2 on: 18:20:13, 25/03/18 »
The loss of the Grave Maurice is a small tragedy. It had wood-panelled walls, classical music and a landlord with a limp, at least in the 80s when I drank there as a PhD student and post-doc.

It was killed when the London Hospital banned its staff from lunchtime drinking; the Krays were already long gone.  Whilst  I suppose one must understand the Hospital management's point of view the price was the loss of somewhere unique.

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:58:21, 25/03/18 »
Hey! Came across your walking blog today. Very pleasant. Nice diary and pics. Informative too. Many thanks. I found the London walk of great interest as I'm sometimes hereabouts.
The Kray Twins walk looked interesting...tho I find them rather reprehensible.
Your diaries held my interest. Come rain and kept in, I might walk thru them.
You still walking about? I don't do Facebook and such. Cycling now?
Thanks for the info given. May forward your site to an Aussie friend,if and when she's next around she might follow in your footsteps. Stay well. Good wishes

Thanks for your comments, and yes still walking. More walks to come. Where are you from? Maybe we could meet for a walk!

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:59:07, 25/03/18 »
The loss of the Grave Maurice is a small tragedy. It had wood-panelled walls, classical music and a landlord with a limp, at least in the 80s when I drank there as a PhD student and post-doc.

It was killed when the London Hospital banned its staff from lunchtime drinking; the Krays were already long gone.  Whilst  I suppose one must understand the Hospital management's point of view the price was the loss of somewhere unique.
Never been in the Maurice, but its a shame, pubs are closing at an alarming rate!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy