Author Topic: If you had to choose a walk...  (Read 2398 times)

thevalleywalker

Re: If you had to choose a walk...
« Reply #15 on: 09:02:46, 14/11/18 »
Probably the Elan Valley Trail. As far as I am aware I don't think the Elan Valley is designated as a National Park or an area of outstanding beauty - but it certainly is. Some refer to it as the Welsh Lake district, I don't think it quite fits that but it is right up there for some great walking and some beautiful views. Stretching that boundary a little I wandered around the Hafod Estate at Cwmystwyth a little while ago and it has some great walking on offer both with and without the camera.

[nofollow]Hafod Estate [nofollow] by Alan C [nofollow], on Flickr] [nofollow]Hafod Estate [nofollow] by Alan C [nofollow], on Flickr

Annejacko

• Veteran Member
Re: If you had to choose a walk...
« Reply #16 on: 09:22:45, 15/11/18 »
Agree on the Hafod estate, I came across it by accident earlier this year when taking the scenic route home from Aberystwyth to Bristol via the Elan valley.

The Doethie valley from Llyn Brianne to Ty'n-y-cornel hostel is a cracking walking with an overnight at the simple hostel in a remote area with no mobile signal a real get away from it all.

Also in south Wales the walks around Cwm Carn forest park including Twmbarlwm are very nice.

Finally the Gordano Round
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_publication.php?publication_id=2452

which is a figure of 8 so split into two separate 14 mile ish days out takes in some nice paths between Portishead and Clevedon, it's a good one for me if I can't be bothered to drive to far.

Too many choices, not enough weekends...
Enjoy every sandwich

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy