Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292162 times)

beefy

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #855 on: 15:32:39, 04/09/19 »

If you drink the extra wine on the first night, you will still save weight on the other days  :D

;D

Here is the new tent, msr hubba hubba nx in stealthy green, lovely  :)

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Pitboot

« Reply #856 on: 19:26:17, 04/09/19 »
Petzl Tikkina head torch, to save weight.
I suppose I will now be "light headed" but no one will see any change.

Nice tent BTW Beefy.

FOX160

« Reply #857 on: 06:49:05, 08/09/19 »

More power for 2 persons for the same weight as the 10000ah equals one less 250grams to carry  O0
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072155XVX/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

Bought this for the Mrs a Sierra Designs quilt https://sierradesigns.com/nitro-quilt-800-35-degree/  for £69.95 for Sportspursuite.
« Last Edit: 18:36:10, 08/09/19 by FOX160 »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #858 on: 11:37:20, 08/09/19 »
I popped out this morning and bought another two pairs of Decathlon 'Kalenji' boxer underwear. I'm a 32" waist and use their 'Small size' for running and their 'Medium size' for hiking. When I first bought my first couple of pairs they were £4.99 per pair, now they are £3.99 per pair.

When I hike I find them so very comfortable, they are made from an elasticated mesh type material and just figure hug in all of the right places. I just wash a pair each day (I wear them when I shower and wash them in that way, so easy) and they dry very quickly. Also, they come in a variety of colours so I never have to make a mistake of wearing the wrong ones.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #859 on: 08:50:45, 09/09/19 »
Nice tent, Beefy; saw a lot of Hubba Hubba's whilst camping at Beinglas on the West Highland Way.

And good choice of headtorch, Pitboot - Petzl make the best.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #860 on: 10:34:18, 09/09/19 »
They're good tents, I have the Mountain Equipment version which seems to be basically identical in shape.  It has stood up to some high winds and the interior+porch space makes it luxurious compared to most.  I'd considering bringing a small silicone repair kit though (esp if doing longer trips), as the horizontal pole can pop out and go straight through the fly if you're putting it up in rough weather or solo!

WILDWALKINGUK

« Reply #861 on: 11:24:12, 14/09/19 »

Hello
Talking of tents, I've just received a Tarptent Strtospire Li from America. 2 person tent with 2 porches and doors 807g plus 69g for descent pegs. I am amazed by how much space we have now, this should encourage my family to come away wild camping more often.
I walk with 2 smallish children, so have to carry their gear too. So weight is paramount, to save my dodgy joints.
I will review the tent shortly and it's first long distance test, The Scottish National Trail on my blog, site link below if anyone's interested.
Thanks
Mark                                     https://wildwalkinguk.com/

FOX160

« Reply #862 on: 14:25:18, 15/09/19 »
Apple Watch series 3

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #863 on: 15:30:25, 15/09/19 »
Decided my old trekking/skiing poles have definitely had it. I snapped off the point of one on my last backpacking trip and their so pitted they're no longer telescopic. I got them of fleebay for about £10 eight/nine years ago. just ordered a brand new pair of Black Diamond flicklocks £80 but should hopefully last a long time.   

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #864 on: 07:35:38, 08/10/19 »
A small spare compass for £3.99 from Mountain Warehouse, Kendal.

Unfortunately the bright red end of the needle with an "N" marked on it points South! Needle doesn't rotate freely either, unless you tilt the compass to the left.

Absolute rubbish. Needless to say, it will be going back!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #865 on: 08:15:28, 08/10/19 »
A small spare compass for £3.99 from Mountain Warehouse, Kendal.

Unfortunately the bright red end of the needle with an "N" marked on it points South! Needle doesn't rotate freely either, unless you tilt the compass to the left.

Absolute rubbish. Needless to say, it will be going back!

LOL I bought a cheap compass from Sports Direct once that didn't actually point north without careful handling. Gave me new respect for Silva - maybe it's not as easy making them as it would first appear!

Pitboot

« Reply #866 on: 16:58:10, 08/10/19 »
A pair of Rab Actiwool gloves from Stuart Sports, Bowness. Got a bit of discount.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #867 on: 18:59:33, 08/10/19 »
A new foil emergency space blanket....I used mine to help a lad on Snowdon last week.
It's all uphill from here.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #868 on: 21:47:15, 08/10/19 »

LOL I bought a cheap compass from Sports Direct once that didn't actually point north without careful handling. Gave me new respect for Silva - maybe it's not as easy making them as it would first appear!

I did that once and once only.  Went in the bin after one walk.  I kept the lanyard though so not a total waste of a fiver.  Presently two Silva's one in my camera bag and one in my day sack.

taxino8

« Reply #869 on: 19:19:53, 09/10/19 »
Just placed an order with The Climbers Shop for an additional pair of poles for my Hilleberg Niak, it should be bombproof when double poled.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy