Author Topic: TR Galloway Forest Park Day 1 Sat 29 Aug 20  (Read 4108 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: TR Galloway Forest Park Day 1 Sat 29 Aug 20
« Reply #15 on: 06:55:44, 04/09/20 »
Some of the names have an Irish sound to them, I think  :-\

They do, don't they?  :)
Hate will never win

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 11:20:31, 04/09/20 »
Great set of TR's and some lovely photos.
I had seen pics of this when I was looking at routes but it was to the right of where we descended so we didn't see it. Maybe next time!

Shame you missed the Grey Man, Mrs BWW was thrilled when we found it because she thought is would be a bit of an anti-climax and I was worried that I had built it up to be more than it should be. We hit it bang on the nose because we planned to return to Loch Trool along the Rig of Loch Enoch after climbing the Merrick. We followed the ridge crest of Redstone Rig pretty much as you did but took a fairly low start too slant off to catch the best line for the ridge. Your route could not have been very far away.
I hope you have another chance there, perhaps you will catch the Marsh Orchids a bit earlier in the year and miss the midges.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 17:07:52, 05/09/20 »
Great set of TR's and some lovely photos.Shame you missed the Grey Man, Mrs BWW was thrilled when we found it because she thought is would be a bit of an anti-climax and I was worried that I had built it up to be more than it should be.
I hope you have another chance there, perhaps you will catch the Marsh Orchids a bit earlier in the year and miss the midges.

We will return to see it, earlier in the year though before the grass grows too much!
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy