Author Topic: Bluebells  (Read 6103 times)

watershed

Re: Bluebells
« Reply #75 on: 17:33:00, 13/05/20 »
I hope you get to see some, they are gone from here.I'm sure I heard that Shetland was closer to the Arctic Circle than it is to England, though I may have misremembered.

I have just checked, your right.
We are about equidistant with the North of England

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 17:42:05, 13/05/20 »

Thanks Boris, finally got my bluebell fix!

This is Captain’s Wood at Sudbourne in Suffolk. It’s one of the best displays we’ve seen there, though my photos don’t do it justice. Even saw some deer in the distance as well  :)  And surprisingly there was nobody about, only saw others when we were walking away.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 18:05:05, 13/05/20 »
Lovely, pleased you got to see them  O0
Photos never do them justice.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 11:34:31, 14/05/20 »
Thanks Boris, finally got my bluebell fix!

This is Captain’s Wood at Sudbourne in Suffolk. It’s one of the best displays we’ve seen there, though my photos don’t do it justice. Even saw some deer in the distance as well  :)  And surprisingly there was nobody about, only saw others when we were walking away.

Lovely pictures.  We are hoping to get to our favourite Bluebell wood this afternoon.  Just waiting for the gas man to finish off.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: 12:30:27, 14/05/20 »
Gorgeous bluebells, rural roamer.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 00:01:10, 15/05/20 »
Lovely walk through the Bluebell wood East of Burator reservoir this evening.  The valley bellow the Dam is such a magical place on a beautiful sunny spring evening.

Quite a lot of cars parked up around the Dam, but we had the woods the waterfall and the Bluebells to ourselves.

I guess all the local joggers stick to the flat road around.  :) 

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 13:04:48, 15/05/20 »
These woods are about 20 mins walk from my house.  They are private property with 2 rights of way through them.  However, the wicked landowner has put in extra paths and the bridges across the streams as well as benches to lure the unwary walker into sitting down to enjoy the spectacle, thereby increasing their chances of catching you enjoying yourself.  Gad, they are cunning these landowners!

Solvitur Ambulando

Yorci

« Reply #82 on: 17:24:00, 17/05/20 »
Not the same as walking through a field of bluebells, but I have a couple growing at the bottom of my garden.

I do like the bluebell.

I do try to get up to Hackfall Woods in North Yorkshire, if I get the timing right the bluebells can be in abundance, but have missed them the past few years.
Leave only footprints, take only memories and photographs.
Life is short, time is fast, no re-play or rewind, enjoy every moment and make it count.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: 17:25:33, 17/05/20 »
Not the same as walking through a field of bluebells, but I have a couple growing at the bottom of my garden.

I do like the bluebell.

I do try to get up to Hackfall Woods in North Yorkshire, if I get the timing right the bluebells can be in abundance, but have missed them the past few years.
Not the same, but stunning when you get close up and personal... O0 O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: 09:55:19, 18/05/20 »
Spotted I small clump of Bluebells growing on Fur tor yesterday.  I have never noticed them before.  I was amazed they could survive up there. I guess there is just enough shelter for them in their little rock cave.  I'll post up a pic when I download my camera.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Bluebells
« Reply #85 on: 11:21:16, 19/05/20 »
I can't Edit my original post unfortunately.

Any way Here are the pictures of Blue Bells hiding from the rigours of Dartmoor, I had hoped to link into it from Sunday's walk out to Fur Tor. There are no others for miles in any direction that I know of.

Nature is an ingenious survivor. O0

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: 11:33:26, 19/05/20 »
I can't Edit my original post unfortunately.

Any way Here are the pictures of Blue Bells hiding from the rigours of Dartmoor, I had hoped to link into it from Sunday's walk out to Fur Tor. There are no others for miles in any direction that I know of.

Nature is an ingenious survivor. O0

They are doing well up there.! :)
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy