Author Topic: LED Torch - recommendations?  (Read 1923 times)

nesty

LED Torch - recommendations?
« on: 19:05:01, 30/09/17 »
I already have a Fenix Tactical.
Though, I am looking for a back up more cheaper torch. (Fenix really quite pricey now)!
Something, which can be put in a pocket & get me back down dark country paths, if required in emergency.
Budget about £5-15?

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: LED Torch - recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: 19:41:01, 30/09/17 »
Don't know if it's quite the thing you're looking for, but I carry a Inova Squeeze Light.
Quite inexpensive, little bulk or weight, bright little led light, has replaceable batteries and it comes with a little clip so you can hook it somewhere  where you won't lose it. I keep mine on a cord with my whistle.
It's the first one on this Amazon page. I included all the Inova ones in case you fancy any of their other ones.

nesty

« Reply #2 on: 20:31:05, 30/09/17 »
Don't know if it's quite the thing you're looking for, but I carry a Inova Squeeze Light.
Quite inexpensive, little bulk or weight, bright little led light, has replaceable batteries and it comes with a little clip so you can hook it somewhere  where you won't lose it. I keep mine on a cord with my whistle.
It's the first one on this Amazon page. I included all the Inova ones in case you fancy any of their other ones.

Thanks. That's pretty cool. If I went to the pub or something, it's light and should illuminate the paths back etc.
Also, just found out that it came up in the independent newspaper test, in the top 10 LED torches.

langsettranger

LSR - The Langsett Stranger - retired night soil shifter, citizen, dog, lion and black buck mini lop trainer

nesty

« Reply #4 on: 13:49:30, 01/10/17 »
Try this inexpensive perfect little beauty ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-DIRECT%C2%AECREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B00QKG7EKC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CZV17PCWBY5RVQYCYMB4

Thanks. Only trouble with that Amazon link. Cheap price for a month wait. Though express postage is £16!  Might see if I can get the make on ebay UK. Need it for end of next week, if pref.
« Last Edit: 13:53:52, 01/10/17 by nesty »

nesty

« Reply #5 on: 13:57:03, 01/10/17 »
Found one on UK ebay for £7.47 ordered one of them.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:57:21, 02/10/17 »
I bought a brilliant torch from Robery Dyas. It was £14, its a half inch tube, three inches long, solidly built, the on/off press switch is on the end. Fits very neatly in my rucksack hip pocket and its incredibly bright.

Wurz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:07:51, 02/10/17 »
If you've got an old maglite, mini maglite, or maglite solitaire you can buy replacement CREE bulbs on eBay for a couple of quid.  Brighter and longer lasting with the same batteries than the original bulbs.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:02:23, 03/10/17 »
A torch is a torch.  I bought my hand torch at the local Petrol Station, for about £5.00. I have used it for several hours on occasion. Why people spend  more is a mystery to me, if I'm honest.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:17:08, 03/10/17 »
I wanted a 'butch' torch because I'm a man, so there! If anyone goes for me I can then use it as a club or knuckleduster!  :)

PaulJ

« Reply #10 on: 04:01:18, 11/10/17 »
Try this inexpensive perfect little beauty ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-DIRECT%C2%AECREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B00QKG7EKC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CZV17PCWBY5RVQYCYMB4 [nofollow]

I must say I agree, I swear by these torches, have several and am never without one. They're so cheap I have 4 or 5 in various pockets/ bags. The downside is as mentioned the time it takes to have them delivered, so order well in advance of when you need them!

Best regards, Paul
Paul Jonsson. Walking from Woking!

My Blog:- http://walkingfromwoking.blogspot.co.uk/ [nofollow]

nesty

« Reply #11 on: 22:04:16, 22/10/17 »

I must say I agree, I swear by these torches, have several and am never without one. They're so cheap I have 4 or 5 in various pockets/ bags. The downside is as mentioned the time it takes to have them delivered, so order well in advance of when you need them!

Best regards, Paul

I am back from my Peak district break and to give an update to the torch  I tested. I have to say. These torches are excellent. Very small & compact about 5 inches in length, take 1 AA battery.
Mine came in 4 days from Ebay.
The light it gives off is really good which a decent spread. You can have a hi or low dim. Certainly lights the way and I used it on walks in pure darkness back from a pub. For £8 feels, just as good as my Fenix. I will be buying another one of these torches for sure!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy