Author Topic: Missing people /Deaths  (Read 2360 times)

dinger

Re: Missing people /Deaths
« Reply #15 on: 18:39:26, 21/01/18 »

Yeah I did Tryfan north ridge with a guy whos done it many times, I certainly wouldn't do it alone one error on navigation and poor visibility you soon could get in trouble. its like a moonscape up there.
Did Gylder fach and Fawer up there on my own in the mist, certainly is an intimidating range of peaks.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:57:13, 21/01/18 »
Yeah I did Tryfan north ridge with a guy whos done it many times, I certainly wouldn't do it alone one error on navigation and poor visibility you soon could get in trouble. its like a moonscape up there.
Did Gylder fach and Fawer up there on my own in the mist, certainly is an intimidating range of peaks.

Intimidating and deserving of respect - but as far as I can see there haven't been 4 deaths in recent weeks as you and another regular poster have said.

There's a balance with this, it's great to educate people on how to minimise risks when hillwalking but you don't want to put them off such a healthy, uplifting activity altogether.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 19:30:13, 21/01/18 »

Intimidating and deserving of respect - but as far as I can see there haven't been 4 deaths in recent weeks as you and another regular poster have said.

Without links to news websites etc it is hard to back up posters claims and quite often certain people exaggerate or make claims that simply aren't true. A link to a website not only gives us further reading but also tells us that the poster has got his/her facts right  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

dinger

« Reply #18 on: 19:43:55, 21/01/18 »
Apologies when I said recent I meant over 12 month period

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 20:06:45, 21/01/18 »
Apologies when I said recent I meant over 12 month period

That's ok, sorry I misunderstood. It followed hot on the heels of someone in the Wales Forum saying there'd been 4 on Tryfan "in nearly as many weeks" so I assumed this was the same.

dinger

« Reply #20 on: 20:42:59, 21/01/18 »
Think it must be where I originally got I from ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy