Author Topic: TR Moel Sych, Cadair Berwyn and Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall  (Read 1923 times)

tom83

As the title says, my trip report from this morning's jaunt along the highest points of the Berwyn Range.

https://inandoutmoochingabout.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/pistyll-rhaeadr-waterfall-moel-sych-and.html
« Last Edit: 09:04:44, 23/02/18 by tom83 »

beefy

• Veteran Member
Nice pics tom
I do like waterfalls  O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

adalard

• Veteran Member
Great blog post and pictures, Tom.  O0

We went there a few years ago - autumn but it was supposed to be sunny. Ended up being pretty hazy all day and those endless, twisting, single-vehicle wide lanes only had visibility of a couple of metres. So it was quite a nerve-wracking drive first thing in the morning to get to the valley the waterfall's in!  ;D

We found the path down into the valley from the ridge eventually. But it is pretty tricky to locate and feels like your about the step off the side of the mountain. We even left it and climbed back up a bit at one point, thinking we'd gone wrong and were on a sheep track by mistake, before coming back down to it. If you do go back, it's a nice walk back down into and along the other side of the valley. Probably great views without the haze too!

phil1960

• Veteran Member
We were up there this time last year, staying in an old mill a few miles away. Good TR and pics, is that fence line area still as boggy?  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

tom83

We were up there this time last year, staying in an old mill a few miles away. Good TR and pics, is that fence line area still as boggy?  O0

Yes it is. On my ascent, it was still fairly frozen so it wasn't too bad, just a few areas where I needed to balance along the fence, on the way back down it had thawed enough to soak my boots having been a little heavy footed.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Ah, so that's what the view looks like! :D   I did the walk from the waterfall back in early January and got no views from Cadair Berwyn at all, due to very thick low cloud.  Really enjoyed the walk though, despite the freezing conditions on the tops!

Lovely photos Tom O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Tin

Nice pics, very atmospheric. It looks very frosty, so much so I had to put on another fleece whilst looking.

Thanks for posting  O0

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
Entertaining TR Tom although it sounded like a bit of a slog at times. Well done  O0  Thanks for sharing.

Regards Keith

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy