Author Topic: Mid boots  (Read 850 times)

jea_p

Mid boots
« on: 11:47:03, 26/03/18 »
Hi all, that time of year again when days are longer and warmer and I can venture out of my hibernation mode. Last year's bout of walking has persuaded me to buy some mid boots, so am seeking some advice from you hardy folk. Went to my local outdoor shop to try a few on (and have my feet measured), probably would have bought some but I had to scarper as ticket was running out on my car. Anyways, so far I've got -

La Sportiva Mens TX4 Mid GTX (not sure if there are widely available)

and

Salewa Mens Mountain Trainer Mid GTX (seems to be a cross between mid boot and trainer)

Both were far more comfortable then other ones I tried on (mainly full boots but am probably not going down that route). What I'm after is a waterproof mid boot that's comfortable (yes I know its all about what fits your foot, but imo some makes are more slipper like then others) that's not too far from £150.

Have any of you got views on the two above, or another one to try?

Many thanks in advance.

Jea_p

scottk

Re: Mid boots
« Reply #1 on: 18:58:04, 26/03/18 »
I have Salomon ultra mid 2 gtx. Very light and comfortable if they fit you. They are now on version 3. I reckon they will be good for 1000 miles but there have been reports of the lining leaking. This has just happened to mine so I am going to return them-they have a good 2 year warranty. I am hoping they will replace with the latest model as despite the issues, they have been outstanding.

scottk

« Reply #2 on: 18:59:16, 26/03/18 »
By the way, I also have a pair of La Sportiva Bushidos which are also great. Go for the ones which fit you best.

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:12:36, 26/03/18 »
I love my merrell mid boots. I am on my second pair really comfortable
you have 1 life live it

jea_p

« Reply #4 on: 23:41:12, 27/03/18 »
Cheers both for you suggestions - I'll see if my local has them in stock to try. The Salomans are cheaper than the two I've looked at which is good, but yeh will go with the ones that fit best. I've got Merrell walking shoes and have generally been happy with them - required some tweaking with the laces as I suddenly found them uncomfortable after a few hundred miles (didn't change socks or inner), but all good now. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy