Author Topic: North Face Hedgegog GTX?  (Read 1350 times)

Mylo

North Face Hedgegog GTX?
« on: 14:36:50, 11/04/18 »

Does anyone have personal experience of the following:

https://www.simplyhike.co.uk/products/the-north-face-mens-hedgehog-fastpack-gtx-trail-shoe-urban-navy [nofollow]

For the summer I swear by Adidas Terrex but have the chance of buying the above for £30 which is a £100 saving on the Terrex but would like to know of anyone who has personally owned them.

I'm a 10 and only have the choice of them in the same size. Are they reasonably sized etc?

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Re: North Face Hedgegog GTX?
« Reply #1 on: 19:30:38, 11/04/18 »
I have the women's version, and I find them pretty comfortable, but I remember they took a little while to bed in.  The sizing was right for me, but I couldn't swear the mens one would be the same.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:47:20, 14/04/18 »
I used to wear NF Hogs some years back....but then they changed the design/foot bed etc etc and I suddenly found them really uncomfortable.
I switched to Scarpa Vortex and have been very happy with them.  I'm now on my 3rd pair!

Too much walking, I guess! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:40:43, 16/04/18 »
Bit late with this one, but I have several pairs of the Fast track. Not as robust or as heavy as the original hedgehogs, however I have worn them through a few winters on the Spine race and Coast to coast etc in all conditions including deep snow, flood, mud etc. not a single problem with them, however because of the mileage around 40 a day, I also rep[lace the footbeds with Sorbothane Double Strike. This adds a little weight but for comfort it is well worth it. makes the foot spightly higher at the heel than intended but has coaused no issues for me.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy