Author Topic: Hi from Surrey  (Read 1888 times)

Whatatoad

Hi from Surrey
« on: 00:16:14, 14/04/18 »
Hi everyone,
Just a few lines to introduce myself. I am from Surrey and new to walking....well, I used to walk as a child on day outings and always enjoyed those.
Anyway, we are about to start walking the North Downs Way and will be doing a day a week until we get to Otford. The plan then is to do extend our “walking sessions” to two or three day stints. That’s the plan anyway, but we are flexible...
I’m here to read up and learn from more experienced walkers on this forum to get us off to a good start and once I’ve found my walking feet will be happy to chip in with my experiences.
Looking forward to this journey.
Best wishes,
Whatatoad

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Hi from Surrey
« Reply #1 on: 11:11:28, 14/04/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. You may already know of the site but if not I suggest a look at www.gps-routes.co.uk. You will find all of the walks in your area (and every other area of the country) nicely organised and explained with an OS map display for you to look at and print off if you wish. You are spoilt for choice I think, North Downs Way, Greensand Way and the Sussex Border Path are all near you and they all, more or less, run parralel to each other.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:30:22, 14/04/18 »
Hi and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:18:32, 14/04/18 »
Welcome from the Sussex coast     :)

Whatatoad

« Reply #4 on: 22:40:05, 14/04/18 »
Many thanks for the website link and the “hellos”.  :)

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:22:28, 16/04/18 »
Hi from Surrey expat now in Devon. :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

John Walker

« Reply #6 on: 21:13:37, 16/04/18 »
Hi and welcome from Twickenham, not far from Surrey.
Recently completed the North Downs Way.  Do you know Rambling Man's interesting take on it? https://ramblingman.org.uk/walks/northdownsway/ I think he grew to hate trees...  ;) .  When I walked it (over quite a long period) I could only manage shortish stages, not more than around 10 miles at a time (http://www.greenlives.org.uk/ndw.html ) .  But I really enjoyed it, including the trees!
JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Whatatoad

« Reply #7 on: 16:58:48, 17/04/18 »
Ah yes, I’ve come across the Ramblingman’s blog - very good.
The link to the other blog is great too, I like the shorter route options...something to bear in mind.
We went on our first walk yesterday, going from Farnham to Guildford and I’m pleased to say we made it! The kids were shattered but kept up really well :-) Can’t wait to start the next stretch of the NDW next week.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy