Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292268 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #360 on: 22:25:49, 27/12/17 »
It might be one of those types of things that feels cold initially until you've generated a warm layer of body heat which it retains  :-\

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #361 on: 15:39:22, 28/12/17 »
It might be one of those types of things that feels cold initially until you've generated a warm layer of body heat which it retains  :-\

Like most of us I can cope with being cold. But I really am surprised with how the coat feels. I thought maybe it wasn't tightened around the hem line, but I sorted that and it made little difference. It IS very cold here at the moment, but I don't normally need much to be warm. It is not impressing me so far. Though otherwise its a lovely well made coat.
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #362 on: 17:18:48, 28/12/17 »

:o just checked amazon was it second hand?

Nope, says its new - from Amazon International
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #363 on: 18:21:57, 28/12/17 »

Taken delivery of everything now, was so looking forward to the Keela kit, perhaps the weather is exceptionally cold at the moment but I am worried that I feel cold in the coat.
I have a thin quilted coat from Decatholon that is warm enough to wear with just a shirt. The Keela coat feels cold from the moment I put it on.??
Just doesn't feel right. £150 and I feel cold??

Why would a non insulated waterproof be warm?

landy87

« Reply #364 on: 20:05:55, 28/12/17 »

Nope, says its new - from Amazon International

managed to get one myself for just over 100 price + customs +shipping still a bargain O0

MichaelUK

« Reply #365 on: 20:23:47, 28/12/17 »
A belated xmas present to myself. Rab Microlite Jacket, sans hood, just what I needed/wanted !

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #366 on: 12:54:03, 29/12/17 »
Not something I bought myself....but a friend very kindly got me some Kahtoola microspikes for Christmas, which I'm hoping I'll get to use at least once this Winter! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

FOX160

« Reply #367 on: 19:39:35, 29/12/17 »
EE Revelation quilt

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #368 on: 10:36:25, 01/01/18 »
Sadly yet another outdoor supplier is closing doors in Settle. Cave and Crag have been there a lifetime it feels.
Anyway I bought a Rab Nimbus jacket for half price. That's £50 cheaper than the cheapest price on the net.

Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #369 on: 11:06:16, 01/01/18 »
Sadly yet another outdoor supplier is closing doors in Settle. Cave and Crag have been there a lifetime it feels.
Anyway I bought a Rab Nimbus jacket for half price. That's £50 cheaper than the cheapest price on the net.
Yes Peter, it's always a shame when a long-established supplier closes it's doors.  Actually, this was mentioned in the Bargain Thread a couple of days ago, where someone thought it was an online scam.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #370 on: 18:30:40, 02/01/18 »
Not something I bought myself....but a friend very kindly got me some Kahtoola microspikes for Christmas, which I'm hoping I'll get to use at least once this Winter! :D

I'll be interested in any comments about them Sunnydale, have been thinking about investing in a pair, buuuut, have heard horrible things about the 2016 models, apparently the have changed the compound of the rubber/silicone and they are more prone to snapping according to some online reviews  :-\

Edited for name change cos I is a doofus :D

« Last Edit: 21:46:26, 02/01/18 by Bhod »
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #371 on: 19:53:46, 02/01/18 »
I'll be interested in any comments about them April, have been thinking about investing in a pair, buuuut, have heard horrible things about the 2016 models, apparently the have changed the compound of the rubber/silicone and they are more prone to snapping according to some online reviews  :-\

April??? lol O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

MichaelUK

« Reply #372 on: 19:54:29, 02/01/18 »
Have a look at the Grivel Rans, look good

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #373 on: 20:56:38, 02/01/18 »

I'll be interested in any comments about them April, have been thinking about investing in a pair, buuuut, have heard horrible things about the 2016 models, apparently the have changed the compound of the rubber/silicone and they are more prone to snapping according to some online reviews  :-\

April??? lol O0

:) I nearly always have an opinion anyway  :D

I have the Pogu spikes and beefy actually got the new 2016 Kahtoola spikes last year to replace his damaged Pogus. Beefy thinks they are better than the Pogu ones, easier to put on and get off and so far they have been very durable. If I were getting new microspikes it would be a toss up between the Kahtoolas and the Grivel Rans I think. Perhaps some people are using their spikes on ground that is too steep and that is causing the snapping?  :-\
Hate will never win

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #374 on: 21:45:39, 02/01/18 »
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy