Author Topic: Help needed with Flickr.  (Read 1624 times)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Help needed with Flickr.
« on: 12:38:57, 10/05/19 »
After some recent criticism on TR's, which I could have shown some examples from a few years ago had P-bucket not attempted to extort several £100, I have opened a Flickr account.
Sadly I seem to be having some difficulty in understanding this site and would welcome some help. I have tried to create a slide show, convert it to mp4 and upload it so that I can show it here. Following little success in getting Flickr to accept my offerings, as they time out. I tried to load a single photo, it appeared on Flickr but now when I :-\ go back I cannot find it.
Seems well out of my comfort zone  :(
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Re: Help needed with Flickr.
« Reply #1 on: 17:50:30, 10/05/19 »
P1030767b by Barewirewalker, on Flickr
Aha some success, still no joy with videos  :D
BWW

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:56:25, 10/05/19 »
Nice size photo too most people post them too big and they look distorted on a phone. Good luck with the video, I uploaded a couple of short videos to Flickr no problem but when I say short, I mean 5 seconds. I wasn't aware the forum supported mp4 videos?

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:40:27, 10/05/19 »
Hi Rob,
I don't think the forum will directly play a video, as it shows hosted photos. I did demonstrate the possibility of the animated maps, a few years ago, was a bit of fun. Bootprints plodding across a map, but these were animated .giv files. I am puzzled about Flickr, in the past they seem to have hosted videos that did not need to be downloaded as a file to your hard drive then played. It seems that some problems are going on with their merger with smugmug but I do not have the attention span to absorb the chitchat on their forum and come up with an understanding.
BWW

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:30:45, 11/05/19 »
Last but one set of pics I added to Flickr, it wouldnt load my vids, no idea why, it used to.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

WalkingWoody

« Reply #5 on: 16:53:17, 10/09/19 »
Yeah flikr is strange at the best of times.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy