Author Topic: A week in Mallorca  (Read 9179 times)

Highfieldbri

Re: A week in Mallorca
« Reply #15 on: 15:23:03, 20/10/09 »
Great photos and ideas. Been to Mallorca a few times, most recently Cala d'Or - beautiful spot, but never been into the mountains. We'll have to try it sometime after looking at these.   :)

If i can convince the wife, that is, bit of a sun and sand fan  ;D

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:51:28, 26/10/09 »
For anyone who is interested, I've posted up some more pictures and a few words on the different walks here:

http://mallorcawalks.blogspot.com/

Great photos and ideas. Been to Mallorca a few times, most recently Cala d'Or - beautiful spot, but never been into the mountains. We'll have to try it sometime after looking at these.   :)

If i can convince the wife, that is, bit of a sun and sand fan  ;D

I'm sure she would enjoy something different Brian - if not just tell her your off for a little stroll O0

muymalestado

« Reply #17 on: 17:40:44, 26/12/09 »
I haven't yet seen any reference to any guide books in this thread.  For people considering walking in Mallorca look through the various books available for ideas, especially in a bookshop which has a coffee shop.  As RP (& Muz elsewhere) has shown Mallorca is nearly THE perfect walking destination.
I think this next one will be the top ...

cozza and his dog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 21:25:39, 26/12/09 »
lucky sod pete... bit of sun 8) ... been to palma many times love the place next time have a look up high....great pics cozza O0
little victorys

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: 03:24:18, 05/01/10 »
I really fancy a bit of Mallorca sun this year but the prices seem to be really high, We regularly head to Ibiza. The same Holiday for two adults and two kids cost £1600 three years ago £2400 last year and incredibly they want £3200 this year. I know the Euro is strong but this is too rich for me.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 07:32:49, 05/01/10 »
I really fancy a bit of Mallorca sun this year but the prices seem to be really high, We regularly head to Ibiza. The same Holiday for two adults and two kids cost £1600 three years ago £2400 last year and incredibly they want £3200 this year. I know the Euro is strong but this is too rich for me.

I think it will get worse as well until the gov start putting up the interest rates. I'm lucky that my kiddies are now in their twenties and don't want to come on holiday with me O0

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: 08:02:33, 05/01/10 »
I think it will get worse as well until the gov start putting up the interest rates. I'm lucky that my kiddies are now in their twenties and don't want to come on holiday with me O0

No don't put up intrest rates my mortgage is just fine as it is. I would rather pay more for a one off holiday than pay every month for my mortgage
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 07:35:20, 05/04/11 »
I've just updated the blog so all four walks are on there now O0

http://www.ramblingpete.walkingplaces.co.uk/other/mallorca/esteix.htm

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 19:42:22, 05/04/11 »
Some really nice photo's there O0 . Cracking scenery. I went many years ago when I was a nipper but hardly saw anything really. Looked a nice place though.
R.I.P. Dave.

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 19:50:33, 05/04/11 »
I've been to Mallorca or Majorca quite a few times and loved it but my visits were mostly concerned with partying, getting drunk, soaking up the sun in Magaluf and Palma Nova and going on day trips  Great idea to go there for a walking holiday though. Suppose you could end up having the best of both worlds!  O0

It is a lovely island  :)

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 21:25:44, 05/04/11 »
I've just had a look through and feel like going back there again. You're right Steve...best of both worlds, but nowadays I prefer just the quiet bits. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy