Author Topic: Jittery  (Read 1560 times)

myxpyr

Jittery
« on: 18:21:16, 01/09/19 »
I suppose I'm being a bit silly in that I haven't yet committed to doing the Lairig Ghru. In the back of my mind is the thought of being solo and caught out by bad weather. The silly thing is that two years ago I embarked, solo, on the Tour du Mont Blanc. My second day started cloudy which eventually evolved to drizzle, zilch visibility, rain and a coldish wind. This particular day I was faced with a 4000 feet climb to cross the rugged Cols du Bonhomme and the Croix du Bonhomme at 8000 feet so I don't really know why I'm being so jittery.
Is anyone going to tell me to stop faffing about and get on with it? :-\

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Jittery
« Reply #1 on: 18:32:29, 01/09/19 »
Pull yourself together man, think on and look sharp. :tickedoff:

Unless, of course, you would rather not do it in which case sod it do something you will prefer instead. We are supposed to enjoy this walking malarkey you know.

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 18:35:40, 01/09/19 »
Good counsel :D I have ample overnight opportunities, thus enabling me to shorten the legs. Bob Scotts bothy, Corrour bothie and Rothiemurchus Lodge ;D

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:10:54, 01/09/19 »
Good counsel :D I have ample overnight opportunities, thus enabling me to shorten the legs. Bob Scotts bothy, Corrour bothie and Rothiemurchus Lodge ;D

Are shorter legs better for walking? If so I would like to purchase a pair or perhaps even a single one would improve my perambulatory abilities. Please advise where they can be obtained.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:16:31, 01/09/19 »
Stop faffing about and get on with it, myxpyr.

Seriously, just go for it - if the weather changes, then change your plans.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy