Author Topic: Suggestions for walking shoes with no feel the stones sole  (Read 1259 times)

lostme1

• Veteran Member
My goretex walking shoes need replacing. I am looking for a pair with a good sole as I find since I got older I seem to notice the stones on the paths more and more.

I thought I had read a thread earlier this year when a pair with a good sole were recommmened but I can't find it now.

Comfort is much more important than price so I haven't got a price limit yet.

I know it will also come down to fit and everyone is an individual but suggestions for a possible shortlist would be appreciated please. Thanks
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

motorlaunch

Replacing the insoles in your boots might help. I use http://www.altberg.co.uk/svartz-footbeds/product/anatomic-absorber/ .

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Scarpa Vortex XCR GTX Approach/walking shoes

Brilliant shoes and I walk miles in mine during the Spring/Summer and early Autumn O0
Very comfortable footbed & a Vibram sole for good grip.
Just an all round great shoe 8)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Mel

• Veteran Member
I'd echo what motorlaunch said as a first (cheaper) option.  I noticed a difference in the feel of the ground under-foot when I changed my insoles.  If it doesn't work, you still have some comfy insoles for other shoes/boots.

Can't help with the shoes recommendations I'm afraid.  I have Meindl shoes which I find extremely comfy generally but I can feel rough stony ground through them, albeit not enough to bother me.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
The last pair of walking shoes I bought came from Mountain Warehouse, they had a good selection at the time. I found that the 'strongest' pairs were those where the soles didn't flex easily and they made with a large rubber bumper area at the toe end.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Is this just a coincidence?

at 09.05hrs I wrote a reply suggesting that Lostme1 could have a look at the walking shoes from Mountain Warhouse.

at 0929hrs I recieved a Mountain Warehouse email advertising their wares!

lostme1

• Veteran Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look around the shops after christmas.

lostme1

• Veteran Member
Is this just a coincidence?

at 09.05hrs I wrote a reply suggesting that Lostme1 could have a look at the walking shoes from Mountain Warhouse.

at 0929hrs I recieved a Mountain Warehouse email advertising their wares!

Big brother is watching you!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy