Author Topic: Boots & rucksack  (Read 761 times)

Kenny1975

Boots & rucksack
« on: 19:04:34, 12/02/18 »
I'm off trekking in Nepal later on in the year & am looking for recommendations for boots & a rucksack. Boots got to be breathable & wearable for 6/7 hours waking a day with ru Slack lightweight but spacious, any suggestions appreciated

Rather be walking

Re: Boots & rucksack
« Reply #1 on: 12:17:57, 13/02/18 »
Welcome, from the south coast near Portsmouth.
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:12:50, 14/02/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. Boots and rucksack, I'm sure most people on the Forum could write books about these two subjects.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:16:58, 14/02/18 »
For what its worth, my rucksack maximum is 50L, I do not need any more. I do not taking cooking stuff when I hike, this helps with space and weight. As for boots, I have no confidence left with 'modern' boots, I've had three pairs in the last 5 years, they look good but they all leaked. I have gone back to all leather and guess what, they have not leaked!

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:38:21, 14/02/18 »
Hello Kenny .
Welcome from Cheshire .
I've got a pair of Hi-tec Altitude leather boots.
 That I tested out on all types of terrain on the Peaks . Very comfortable to wear did a 10 mile walk/hike
Boggy morass muddy on and off tracks and trails in very wet conditions .
And my feet where dry .  And did not  leak .
.Regards to Lightweight rucksacks A lot of the forum use Ospreys
I got a cheap Decathlon Forclaz 50 Ltr  classed as Ultralite  just over 1Kg have carried fully loaded 15kg .

CDT  do a 50+ltr Ultralite  634 gram . very good reviews .

All in all its all trial and error buying you hiking gear . As I'm sure we all have laid out a lot of money over the years My advice is do your homework and check all the reviews . Best of Luck .
Zizag .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy