Author Topic: Another Snowdon day out  (Read 1878 times)

redeye

• Veteran Member
Another Snowdon day out
« on: 22:43:26, 29/03/18 »
Another fantastic day on this most iconic of the UK mountains. Sunny, warm, cool on top, kids and peace and quiet. Such varied options up and down that no two trips are the same. Brilliant  8)
Again sorry for the large photos but more can be found here along with more words and a video  O0 >>>>>> https://aredeyeview.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/snowdon-via-south-ridge-watkins-path-13.html

Image may contain: mountain, sky, snow, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: mountain, cloud, sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: sky, mountain, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Another Snowdon day out
« Reply #1 on: 08:51:04, 30/03/18 »
Great report and photos redeye O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:46:12, 30/03/18 »
Fantastic write-up, Redeye, and some breathtaking photos! Really enjoyed that!  O0

I've only been up Snowdon once and I went up the same way as you did on this trip - I absolutely loved the South Ridge, even though the weather wasn't as clear as on your walk. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:48:48, 30/03/18 »
Passing the mountain yesterday evening, its now covered in heavy snow, and more is forecast for the weekend and Monday.
Your second photograph looks very much like the approach to the Hillary Step with the summit of Everest beyond.

Now i wonder why Mr Hunt and his mates set up camp in the Pen Y Gwyrydd all those years ago.

Yr Wyddfa looks like a minature Everest in photo three, just chuck in a bit more snow, and there's your small scale 1000m Everest in front of you.

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:10:45, 30/03/18 »
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it does resemble Everest in a way. A lot is said about Snowdon, it's like marmite on a way, you either love it or hate it, I love it  O0
Looks a bit different today judging by all the photos on social media. I just hope a lot of folk heed all the warnings and stay clear without the right equipment.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy