Author Topic: Stepping stones chee dale from toppled pikr  (Read 1542 times)

Baggiegaz

Stepping stones chee dale from toppled pikr
« on: 10:50:39, 06/04/18 »
hi people.me and partner thinking of doing the walk from toppley pike to chee dale via the stepping stones along the river..anyone know if water level low enough for us to do this as last time we couldn’t and had a wasted journey realy..any info would be most welcome..thanx gaz

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Stepping stones chee dale from toppled pikr
« Reply #1 on: 11:11:14, 06/04/18 »
I haven't been into the Dale this week but the River Wye has been very full and lively when we've passed it at points along the A6. I guess there has been a fair amount of rain and melt water making its way down from the hills and moors recently.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:22:25, 06/04/18 »
Hi Gaz, when are you thinking of doing the walk?  This weekend?  I wouldn't recommend tomorrow as the forecast is awful for the Peaks ::)   Sunday isn't too great either.

I'll be heading that way myself early next week so could check out the path/stepping stones then, if that's any use?

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:15:50, 07/04/18 »
I wouldn't fancy it; I was in Deepdale, just south of Topley Pike, yesterday and there was a raging river flower down the valley...a river that shouldn't be there.
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

whitmore177

« Reply #4 on: 13:56:55, 16/04/18 »
Hi all,

Just noticed this thread as I was thinking about maybe doing a similar walk around the area Wednesday this week, any idea on the state of the river? presume it will have gone down a fair bit by then but probably still not enough.

Thanks
LDW done -

West Highland Way
Hadrians Wall
Coast to Coast
Offa's Dyke (1/2)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy