Author Topic: Map reading around Edale  (Read 1883 times)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
Map reading around Edale
« on: 12:24:06, 15/11/18 »
I met up with route2rock yesterday at Edale, for a walk, and instruction on map reading skills. I really enjoyed it, though it was a battle against the wind at times. He was very patient, my legs are not as long as his, so scrambling was a bit slow. I made it, six miles, and felt great.

A few pics from my blog.

Thanks to route2rock for giving up your day off to show me the rocks. Love the dawg.   O0 

ilona

rockhopper353

Re: Map reading around Edale
« Reply #1 on: 18:24:41, 15/11/18 »
I met up with route2rock yesterday at Edale, for a walk, and instruction on map reading skills. I really enjoyed it, though it was a battle against the wind at times. He was very patient, my legs are not as long as his, so scrambling was a bit slow. I made it, six miles, and felt great.

A few pics from my blog.

Thanks to route2rock for giving up your day off to show me the rocks. Love the dawg.   O0 

ilona

Glad you had a good day and have gained some new skills, wouldn't mind doing a navigation course myself.

Great photos, I used to walk the Peak District regularly when I lived in Nottingham and do miss it a lot.
The Dorset coast is beautiful and has some fantastic areas to walk but I really enjoyed the isolation in the hills you can find in the Peak District.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:23:08, 15/11/18 »
Very nice photos     :)   

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:21:40, 16/11/18 »
Great colour  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Moreandy

« Reply #4 on: 10:33:18, 16/11/18 »
Love the pics  :)

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:23:05, 16/11/18 »
Yes, lovely pics  O0
Hate will never win

staggerindragon

« Reply #6 on: 19:36:58, 17/11/18 »
Gorgeous.
You just helped me make up my mind about what to do with a few days next month.  Plus the YHA is on sale and has some availability!

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:30:46, 20/11/18 »
Gorgeous.
You just helped me make up my mind about what to do with a few days next month.  Plus the YHA is on sale and has some availability!

Now is a good time to use Youth Hostels. You might find if you book a bed in a dorm you are the only one there. My friend had a night at Eyam last week, room to himself. Some bargains to be had, and the breakfasts are always good.

ilona

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy