Author Topic: Trip Report Kinder Scout  (Read 7031 times)

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
Re: Trip Report Kinder Scout
« Reply #15 on: 00:30:54, 31/05/13 »
Sounds you three, had a lovely time and good weather. Good write-up and photos too, Shaun. Will have a good read later, when I've drank 5 cans of Budweiser. Yes, back on the good old binge drinking :( , blaming work for that.

Hiya matey, how you doing?? You got your next LDW sorted out yet??
We ahd a great day, it was good to get back into the PD area  :) :)  You'll need 5 cans to understand my jibberish  ;D ;D
www.catchlights-photography.com

Everything in Life happens for a reason

C2C10

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:20:04, 31/05/13 »
Ended up having 8 cans, very enjoyable, but not good for my health. So on the waggon for the next week.

Keeping fine, as I do. Got a couple of cycling trips next month, so that should be nice and looking forward to Hawes, Kendal, Kirkstone Pass, Patterdale, Tan Hill and Reeth. I'll write that cycling trip report + photos on my blog.

Yes, Peak District is one of my favourite areas for walking and about time, I did some walking down there, many moons ago. I'm ditching the idea of the Viking Way and now looking at walking "The Inn Way to the Peak District", that I've done the Dales walk.

Cleveland Way in reverse is scrapped and I'm going to complete my second half of the Coast to Coast walk in October, instead as from Reeth to St. Bees, that will tally my C2C log to eight. Then next year, I'm going to do the Coast to Coast as a whole walk, so that's in the pipeline. It would be nice if you and Andy could join up. The plan is camp, but get the kit carried by the transfer service van. Early doors as yet, but one has to plan ahead.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:30:02, 31/05/13 »
A great trip report and pics there.  It looks like a good day was had by all  O0

Thank you for posting it/them  O0

C2C10

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:45:38, 31/05/13 »
Forgot about the PB link :-[ . Hey, Shaun,  lovely set of photos there O0 . Did you ever fancy walking the Pennine Way sometime ??? .

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 14:15:52, 31/05/13 »
Ended up having 8 cans, very enjoyable, but not good for my health. So on the waggon for the next week.

Keeping fine, as I do. Got a couple of cycling trips next month, so that should be nice and looking forward to Hawes, Kendal, Kirkstone Pass, Patterdale, Tan Hill and Reeth. I'll write that cycling trip report + photos on my blog.

Yes, Peak District is one of my favourite areas for walking and about time, I did some walking down there, many moons ago. I'm ditching the idea of the Viking Way and now looking at walking "The Inn Way to the Peak District", that I've done the Dales walk.

Cleveland Way in reverse is scrapped and I'm going to complete my second half of the Coast to Coast walk in October, instead as from Reeth to St. Bees, that will tally my C2C log to eight. Then next year, I'm going to do the Coast to Coast as a whole walk, so that's in the pipeline. It would be nice if you and Andy could join up. The plan is camp, but get the kit carried by the transfer service van. Early doors as yet, but one has to plan ahead.

I'm planning on doing the C2C again in September, when all the RugRats have gone back to school. I did it from the 18th Sept last time and the weather was superb. I don't mind camping but don't want to carry all my gear, so yeah, I'm up for using Sherpa or pack Horse. Not to early to plan IMHO I like to have things well sorted then if something crops up there is time to sort it out. O0

Planning on doing it over 12 days again, but want to spend a bit longer in the Lake District area so it will mean a couple of longer days once I hit the Yorkshire area and to honest once you get that far all the big hills are behind you

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 14:22:10, 31/05/13 »
A great trip report and pics there.  It looks like a good day was had by all  O0

Thank you for posting it/them  O0

It was a great day Mel, you must come and join Ruth, Andy and me sometime. Ruth doesn't bite to hard and will make you laugh all day :crazy2: , Andy will swamp you with interesting world facts (jokes not so good tho ;D ) and I'm just the quiet, shy, reserved type still trying to break out of my shell ??? ;)

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 14:26:15, 31/05/13 »
Forgot about the PB link :-[ . Hey, Shaun,  lovely set of photos there O0 . Did you ever fancy walking the Pennine Way sometime ??? .

Yes definatly mate, I am hoping to do the Viking Way early next year and then C2C in September as already mentioned. Have you got plans to do it?
Ruth has got more photos, I normally take her SD card and load them all together but didn't do it this time for some reason. I'm sure she will get them uploaded ASAP around her busy schedule lol eh Ruth!!! If not I'll borrow her card again and get some posted :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 17:41:13, 31/05/13 »

It was a great day Mel, you must come and join Ruth, Andy and me sometime. Ruth doesn't bite to hard and will make you laugh all day :crazy2: , Andy will swamp you with interesting world facts (jokes not so good tho ;D ) and I'm just the quiet, shy, reserved type still trying to break out of my shell ??? ;)

Lol, aye, one day.  When I'm 'eck of a lot fitter than I am now.  Not quite up to Helvelyn standards just yet.  Heavens - by the looks of it I'm not even up to Kinder Scout standards yet and I had designs on giving that a go later this year  ;D

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: 19:51:12, 31/05/13 »

Lol, aye, one day.  When I'm 'eck of a lot fitter than I am now.  Not quite up to Helvelyn standards just yet.  Heavens - by the looks of it I'm not even up to Kinder Scout standards yet and I had designs on giving that a go later this year  ;D
I don't think there is any "even" about it really, steep way up and down! Down is the worst, I was limping next day. Still think they photoshopped themselves onto the pictures.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 07:47:53, 03/06/13 »
I don't think there is any "even" about it really, steep way up and down! Down is the worst, I was limping next day. Still think they photoshopped themselves onto the pictures.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree it is a difficult walk, I remember only too well when I did it the first time. My lungs were burning, my heart was beating that hard it could be heard right across Kinder Plateau. However, although not easy.....I found it a lot easier is time round, but I have been doing a lot of training ready for doing the Clevelend Way.

Photoshop...............its an amazing bit of software ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mel, whenever you're ready I'll be more that happy to meet up and walk with you and do Kinder Scout again, I love walking in the Peak District.

Andy Broadley

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 08:57:54, 03/06/13 »

Trust me Mel. I've been out with you. You could do Kinder. Just take your time. We did. It's a walk you'd love
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Country Walking 1000 Mile Challenge 2017  623.5  miles :)

Andy Broadley

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 09:00:40, 03/06/13 »
Great TR Shaun. Great pics as well O0

A great day, and finally bagged Kinder :)

Glad we went the way we did. Going up Jacobs ladder woulda been hard going, and down Grindsbrook just as hard. So much better the way we went.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Country Walking 1000 Mile Challenge 2017  623.5  miles :)

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 09:05:35, 03/06/13 »
Nice report and piccies  O0 glad it all came off and you had a good 'un.  O0
roll on the weekend

Steve 79

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 18:30:15, 03/06/13 »
good report  O0

attempted the very same route around a month ago, unfortunately it was after a week of heavy rain so the bog was impossible to pass so had to backtrack and go via the woolpacks  >:(

C2C09 Shaun

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 07:55:46, 04/06/13 »
good report  O0

attempted the very same route around a month ago, unfortunately it was after a week of heavy rain so the bog was impossible to pass so had to backtrack and go via the woolpacks  >:(

Nice report and piccies  O0 glad it all came off and you had a good 'un.  O0

Great TR Shaun. Great pics as well O0

A great day, and finally bagged Kinder :)

Glad we went the way we did. Going up Jacobs ladder woulda been hard going, and down Grindsbrook just as hard. So much better the way we went.

There appears o be a lot of interest in this route, may have to arrange a meet later in the year. It is officially classed as a difficult route BUT IMHO it is achievable no matter what your level of fitness is, there is no rush and if we do it again during long daylight hours we can take as long as we need to, to get everyone round. :) :) O0

Anyone up for it???

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy