Author Topic: BARGAIN THREAD  (Read 256143 times)

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: BARGAIN THREAD
« Reply #660 on: 12:20:00, 06/05/19 »
Looks like a potentially useful light mid layer, Alan. No Aldi in Orkney, though.

It is available by internet order.
(No shop needed)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #661 on: 15:44:29, 06/05/19 »

It is available by internet order.
(No shop needed)

Good to know. I've ignored people's ALDI recommendations in the past on account of it not being in my shop. Didn't realise they had an online shop too.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #662 on: 18:00:28, 06/05/19 »
Thanks Alan, never realised. Will take a closer look.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #663 on: 21:01:58, 06/05/19 »
Thanks Alan, never realised. Will take a closer look.

I have used the home delivery quite frequently.

Up until about 12 months ago it was free delivery but I guess they realised it was costing them money so introduced a delivery charge, (for under £20 orders). Delivered to a local (to you shop - not just an Aldi) about 7000+ shops in the scheme, or, to your home.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/delivery#CollectPlusFAQs-UpdatedQ4

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #664 on: 21:14:47, 06/05/19 »

"While geographical location can restrict some of the delivery services we are able to offer on some products, we deliver to most postal areas in mainland UK."

You do know where I live, Alan?  ;) 

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #665 on: 21:52:41, 06/05/19 »
"While geographical location can restrict some of the delivery services we are able to offer on some products, we deliver to most postal areas in mainland UK."

Aren’t the largest islands in both Orkney and Shetland called Mainland?  :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #666 on: 22:47:07, 06/05/19 »

Indeed.  :)

But I don't suppose Aldi would see it that way.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #667 on: 07:32:40, 07/05/19 »

Indeed, but I though maybe one of their 7000+ 'delivery point' shops (such as the Co-Op, Nisa stores etc) might be represented on the 'island'.

If you put your post-code into the shop finder it will tell you the nearest one to you.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #668 on: 07:40:48, 07/05/19 »
I take it all back, Alan - there is a CollectPlus pickup point at Bruce's Stores in Kirkwall!

taxino8

Osprey Exos 38 for £63.74 on Amazon.
« Reply #669 on: 07:15:35, 16/05/19 »

Amazon are selling Osprey Exos 38 for £63.74 if you apply the voucher.
I’ve just ordered one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075YD5F37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #670 on: 11:22:09, 26/05/19 »
Gaynor Sports Half Term Sale - 30% Off RRP - Use Code HOLS30 at checkout. https://www.gaynors.co.uk/
Discount Code Terms & Conditions
  • 1) The offer entitles each customer a discount to the level advertised, when the code is entered at the checkout.
  • 2) This offer is only available online and cannot be redeemed in our store.
  • 3) The discount is not exchangeable for cash and is non-transferable. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. This does not affect your statutory rights.
  • 4) We reserve the right to refuse the use of any code that we deem invalid or fraudulent.
  • 5) We reserve the right to (i) cancel this offer at any time, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual's benefit from it, (iii) amend these terms and conditions, and (iv) limit the number of code redemption's online.
  • 6) The offer is valid online until midnight on 2nd June 2019.

• NB I'm not sure whether you need to be signed up to their newsletter in order to take advantage of this offer.

• Dread

« Reply #671 on: 14:35:28, 26/05/19 »
    www.sealskinz.com have got lots of half price gloves right now. Just click on deals of the month.

Pipp

« Reply #672 on: 20:05:59, 17/07/19 »
    Not 100% sure the "was" price is ever accurate but apparantly this down jacket was £120 and is now £24. Regardless I ordered one anyway and I personally like it, although the sizing is very small, I ordered a size bigger than normal and it's snug!

I don't seem to be able to post links... Anyway it's the women's Arabel Down Jacket, bought direct from the Trespass website.

nesty

« Reply #673 on: 12:51:42, 27/07/19 »
    Not 100% sure the "was" price is ever accurate but apparantly this down jacket was £120 and is now £24. Regardless I ordered one anyway and I personally like it, although the sizing is very small, I ordered a size bigger than normal and it's snug!

I don't seem to be able to post links... Anyway it's the women's Arabel Down Jacket, bought direct from the Trespass website.

I hope it fits ok or that you near a Trespass store, to get a refund from them the service is terrible. I am not saying the goods are poor quality, but if you have an issue they are the worst store ever to deal with. I had to wait about 2 months for a simple return refund online.

Pipp

« Reply #674 on: 20:48:00, 30/07/19 »

I hope it fits ok or that you near a Trespass store, to get a refund from them the service is terrible. I am not saying the goods are poor quality, but if you have an issue they are the worst store ever to deal with. I had to wait about 2 months for a simple return refund online.

It was much smaller than expected but as I went a size up it fits well enough. I can tell it's not the best quality but it did the job at the weekend and kept me nice and warm when the temperature dropped and I changed out of my waterproofs. So overall I'd say maybe not a bargain but a decent enough purchase which will do  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy